gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
75210 Posts in 13169 Topics by 2633 Members - Latest Member: SammyR. June 27, 2017, 10:31:57 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Vista and Windows 7 Compatibility  |  Win 7 / WinMx Issue
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Win 7 / WinMx Issue  (Read 4190 times)

Offline not_patient_by_choice

• Forum Member
Win 7 / WinMx Issue
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »
running Win 7 Professional, WinMx in compatability mode for xp. Life was good until I downloaded & installed Microsoft critical fixes. WinMx would come up, connect, and search fine. When I tried to download a file matching one of my incompletes, I no longer get the pop-up asking if I want to resume from incomplete or download as new. I only got an annoying beep. Could not shut WinMx down, had to use task mgr. Task mgr said the program was waiting for a response from me. I shut it down, restored my system to before the updates, and life was good again. Now, even tho' I haven't downloaded any new updates, the same thing is happening.
Help!
I wonder if it has something to do with some setting in Win 7 maybe??
I have no problem downloading a brand new file, just when I try to resume from an incomplete.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Win 7 / WinMx Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:33:13 pm »
Sounds to me as if your suffering from the same problem as "LightningMa" not_patient_by_choice, check out this thread and follow the simple steps I suggested for her to use, I hope that resolves your problem, Happy new year btw  8)

http://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php/topic,8134.msg61402.html#msg61402

not_patient

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 09:55:36 pm »
Thanx for your prompt reply, GhostShip. I did see and follow that before I posted. I have my files on a separate drive, always use the browse button to get there. I uninstalled and reinstalled WinMx, to no avail (sob). Any other suggestions would be extremely appreciated!

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 10:43:53 pm »
Ok I had to go seek some advice on this one as I dont use Win7 but the first question I was asked is why are you using XP compatibility mode ?

So please try it without that and let me know how that pans out  :)

Offline not_patient_by_choice

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 12:21:19 am »
Well I did have a reason for running in xp compat mode, but that was last Aug, and for the life of me I don't remember now why I did.
I unclicked the compat mode and started it up again. I can click and download files that are hi lited turquoise, 'can be added to running multi-point download'. When I click on files hi lited in yellow, 'matches incomplete local file', everything locks up.
Task mgr says the system can't close WinMx because it's waiting on a response from me.
When I hover the cursor over WinMx in the task bar, WinMx has no other windows open. It almost seems like something's trying to block a pop up, does that make any sense?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 01:35:11 pm »
I have to admit I cant think of anything more, anyone else got any ideas to help out here ?

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 01:50:39 pm »
just a shot in the dark, try right cllicking on the title bar of winmx when it does that and look for a 'reset all windows' menu item.

I've had a problem before where i couldnt access some winmx windows to close them, but it wasnt win7 specific.

I'm running win7 ultimate and ive tried recreating your error by both clicking and right click on a 'yellow' file name in a browse window but so far no luck.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:26 am »
could it be a permissions issue combined with the app freezing just before it can open a dialog box?

...i say that cos ive had it happen on windows NT (2k xp) with other apps that were a bit too old to be running on the os they were running on... (usually 16bit apps)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Vista and Windows 7 Compatibility  |  Win 7 / WinMx Issue

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:
What program is this site about?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2017 WinMXWorld.com. All rights reserved.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx