gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
75717 Posts in 13285 Topics by 2660 Members - Latest Member: badsanta308 November 17, 2018, 09:57:19 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  a suggestion for room getting attacked
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: a suggestion for room getting attacked  (Read 1031 times)

Ghost555

a suggestion for room getting attacked
« on: July 18, 2006, 05:40:27 pm »
From what i know on the "harding" crashing wcs thing. It's just a simple nuke, its been done to me from someone else, and i've put a little research into this. It's just a simple TCP Nuke that uses large packets. in theroy, i dont think wcs can handle that many connections at once. All that nuker does it reconnect several times over n over and i guess WCS is trying to send bandwidth to it.... Which doesnt look like it can handle it. so its forced to shut down. =) Thats what i've come up with.

If that makes any sense let me know lol

KM

Re: a suggestion for room getting attacked
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 06:23:19 pm »
a simple flood of connections will take down any server (even googles web servers, although it would take a little more to take down google than a little chat server running on your home PC...)

Ghost555

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 07:02:38 pm »
Then if this nuker is targetting the server itself...what is a good way to avoid this?

KM

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 07:32:37 pm »
if someone is merely flooding you, could help to use some form of packet filter/firewall to block their IP Address, a bit late by then though... assuming someone is doing that of course

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  a suggestion for room getting attacked

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:
What program is this site about?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2018 WinMXWorld.com. All rights reserved.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx