gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 11:35:09 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Question - Constant Disconnect from Secondary
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Question - Constant Disconnect from Secondary  (Read 2747 times)

Jib

Question - Constant Disconnect from Secondary
« on: November 12, 2005, 12:47:00 pm »
I'm using WinMx 3.31 & need to use it for the sake of the tools I'm using with it, (they won't work in later WinMx releases). My platform is XP, and the problem is... after patching the new hosts file in (think I DL'd from Vladds site) it will connect indeed, note; none of the other fixes work (including the latest pie patch, the universal WiMX world will Exe will, but it forces me to upgrade the software, & I can't do that RE: above). Incidentally, I can only keep a secondary connection for up approx. 30 mins and i get disconnected - reconnected eventually, but not before I lose my place in queue and DL's are lost. I have also implemented Peer Guardian and the block lists (from this site) to stop the flooding etc. Have no idea how to proceed and fix this any ideas. Thanks to all concerned your time and attention is appreciated.
 :shock:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 04:07:42 am »
Well there are a few issues that older winmx versions had fixed over time and theres always the possibility that this is the cause of your disconnections.

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Patch/olepro32.dll%20(Mk%202).zip

If you could get this file from here and unzip it and place the olepro32.dll it into your Program Files\winmx folder and restart winmx then it should prevent the disconnections.

I hope this helps you, I hate losing my place in the que myself  :x  

Just out of interest what tools are you using that require 3.31 as I may know some newer versions  :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 04:25:11 am »
Quote from: KM
there is also a much simpler way to do it btw...

install 1.9 of the patch, then install 3.31 over the top of it :-)

you can get the 3.31 installer from the winmxworld archive...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 07:57:20 am »
The method you ouline is a great way to do it too Bearded :)

I was just making enquireies about the same fix and have confirmed you will need to make sure the 3.53 ( Win9.x ) version is installed or the connection fix that is included with that version will not be installed and the work around will fail.  :?

So install the 3.53 winmx from the 1.9 version and then install the 3.31 to obtain the fix.

Or you could just use my method  :wink:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 09:25:05 am »
Okay if i didnt know better I would be confused at this point.  So just to clarify this even more...

If you want to keep your hosts file for connections to the peer caches then follow Ghostships advise.
The Olepro32.dll in our Archive is for fixing the known bug in earlier versions of WinMX, it is however not built to replace your hosts file to connect to the peer caches.

If you would like to use the patch that fixes both the dropped connections bug AND connects you to the new peer caches use Bearded's method.

The Install 1.9.exe has a file in it that will do both.  It also has the same name 'olepro32.dll' as its required for your system to see and read it so this can be kind of confusing.

The link to the Olepro32.dll for both conntection problems is here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/olepro32.dll

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Question - Constant Disconnect from Secondary

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx