gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 11:31:56 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Can't get WinMX to work for anything
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't get WinMX to work for anything  (Read 1721 times)

I'm out of ideas...

Can't get WinMX to work for anything
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:11:57 pm »
Hello,

I have winmx 3.54 beta with a wireless 11 mbps connection and a netgear router. I bypassed the router just for simplicity but I can't download files for anything. The farthest it gets is "connecting to remote user...". Then it times out. I can search and go into chat rooms just fine but I can't download anything. I've changed my TCP and UDP ports to prety much everything I felt like trying and nothing.

I can connect asa primary user but like everyone else, can't search or go into chatrooms.

Anyone have any idea why this is so difficult????

I can't get it to work...

I give up.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 10:07:31 pm »
I've tried every possible combination of program versions, patches, host files and TCP/UDP setting and everything works except the downloads. I can't download anything. It ALWAYS times out at waitin for incoming connection.

I give up. WinMX was great while it lasted.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 10:14:20 pm »
I am curious who your ISP is and also if you have been using the filters to search -user, by typing that under your title or artist name in the second bar it should filter the fakes.. which are notorious for never downloading.

Also wondering if you have tried using a secondary connection but this time set up your WinMX to a 'Passive Secondary' go to Settings > Incoming TCP > set this to 'Unbale to Listen'  Now go to IN/OUT UDP > set this to 'Unable to Send'..

Restart WinMX and use the filters to search.. see if this makes any difference for ya..

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:15:19 pm »
Well I doubt you've tried every TCP or UDP setting possible.. there's 65,535 settings possible for each.. that's a LOT of combinations.

Try setting TCP as "unable to receive" restarting winmx & making a secondary.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 11:05:25 pm »
My ISP is a small local one here in Ohio. OK I installed the 1.9 patch again for like the 20th time, set it to not accept TCP or UDP connections and then I typed in christian in the top box and "-user" in the bottom one. I double clicked on teh first song that came up and IT IS downloading right now at about 15 kbps. But then I did a search on toby keith and alan jackson but they have all timed out. With the user filter is it "-user" or
" -user" with a space before it all??

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 11:11:28 pm »
No space only this

Artist
-user

Click the search button, I will tell you many artists are flooded and if you do happen to get this not entered correctly the fakes will show up..Toby Keith is one of the flooded artists btw..

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 11:12:22 pm »
Yeah, that one download seemed to be just a lucky shout out of 1000. Every single one I've done since has timed out on "Connecting to remote user..."

DARN!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 11:17:49 pm »
Did you try going into a music room or so and downloading from a single user you know?
That might help finding out if it's happening because you're trying for fake files or because of connection issues.
Your'e welcome to come into our room and try with a user from there:

WinMxWorld.Com_61738156094A
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Can't get WinMX to work for anything

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx