gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 01:28:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WTF is this 1.9 Patch CAUTION
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WTF is this 1.9 Patch CAUTION  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Gambitw

• Forum Member
WTF is this 1.9 Patch CAUTION
« on: November 30, 2005, 09:23:52 am »
Well, I've download YOUR patch here https://www.winmxgroup.com/

I've install it as a patch, in the folder where winmx was, as it was not working well, I've decieded to unisntall it and to uninstall winmx to properly install it.

WHEN I'VE CLICK ON THE UNINSTAL IT STARTED TO  E R E A S E ALL MY STUFF ON WINMX NOW I'VE LOST EVERYTHING AND DON'T TELL ME THAT IT'S NOTHING BECAUSE I WAS HAVING FILES WAITING FOR MORE THAN 4 YEARS. AND IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL IT, SO I WANT SOME
EXPLICATION ABOUT THAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SEND VIRUS TO ALL?

DO YOU ENJOY TO DECAY WINMX USER'S LIFE?

THAT'S A SHAME FOR YOU TO NOT INFORM ALL USERS WHO COME HERE TO TRY TO CONNECT ON WINMX THAT IT WILL PROBABLY EREASE ALL YOUR INCOMPLETE FILES AND ALL FILES IN THE WINMX FOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHAME ON YOU!

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 01:19:04 pm »
Hi Gambitw,

WHEN I'VE CLICK ON THE UNINSTAL IT STARTED TO E R E A S E ALL MY STUFF ON WINMX NOW I'VE LOST EVERYTHING AND DON'T TELL ME THAT IT'S NOTHING BECAUSE I WAS HAVING FILES WAITING FOR MORE THAN 4 YEARS. AND IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL IT, SO I WANT SOME
EXPLICATION ABOUT THAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SEND VIRUS TO ALL?

Choosing an Uninstall Option for the WinMX is NOT a virus.  

There is not an uninstall option for  the patch.  The patch itself is simply a ws2_32.dll for XP users and olepro32.dll for 98/ME users in your WinMX folder..  When you chose to uninstall that was the uninstall option that is in everyones WinMX folder.  This option has been available with WinMX since at least 3.31 that I am aware of.

THAT'S A SHAME FOR YOU TO NOT INFORM ALL USERS WHO COME HERE TO TRY TO CONNECT ON WINMX THAT IT WILL PROBABLY EREASE ALL YOUR INCOMPLETE FILES AND ALL FILES IN THE WINMX FOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This however will NOT uninstall your incompletes.. those are still located somewhere on your machine unless you manually deleted the folder they where in, and doing a quick search for the word incomplete should find them for you,, simply put them into your new Incoming Folder you chose when you reinstalled WinMX and click the 'Load Incompletes' button on the transfers screen.

I am a bit confused honestly, that you have used WinMX for 4 years and would be unaware that the 'Uninstall' Option would do just that.. Uninstall your WinMX folder..

So for now I am wondering where your at with your WinMX, have you reinstalled the program and did you install the patch to get it connected? We can help you if something is not working, to uninstall or install what is needed only if you tell us the problem your having.  There is almost never a need to uninstall WinMX or the patch to fix most problems.

Offline Gambitw

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 02:20:22 pm »
well, do you think I've not search the incomplete files? THEY ARE NOT ON MY CPU!

I've Lost more than 5Go of files now!

and I've uninstall lots of times in 4 years, and never had any prob, except the only time I've take your patch!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 02:38:48 pm »
Well Gambitw I am sorry to hear this.  I do understand what its like to loose files on the pc for one reason or another.

But I can confirm that the Patch is NOT capable of uninstalling.  You might want to check that your pc is virus and trojan free, I know it sounds far fetched and your upset right now, but there is no way the that the uninstall you used is for the patch.  Its just not possible, so its best if we look at things that are possible to solve this so that it doesnt happen in the future for you.

This page will give you some great info on scanning your machine:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/anti_virus_info.html

Also you may want to have a look at this tool, if your not familiar with it, its able to recover lost or deleted files.  It will only be able to recover what files you hard drive have not already over written but its worth a try here.

http://www.handyrecovery.com/handyrecovery-fw.exe

Offline Gambitw

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 03:01:08 pm »
well thank you, but I've also a prog to recover lost files, so now I've the source of incomplete files but they all have 0Ko so whatever I can do, I've lost more than 5Go, and trust me it's not a virus or a trojan, because I've seen the window when I click on uninstall, and it was winmx uninstall who delete all.

Offline Gambitw

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 03:05:53 pm »
I mean be careful because if it happens at everyone who gonna uninstal your stuff, I don't think they will be very happy.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 03:19:56 pm »
Okay Gambitw,

Understood but again that is a WinMX uninstall and we have no control over that.  Its built into the WinMX.exe file and we have not adjusted that in any way shape or form ..

Thanks again and if there is anything we can help you with just let us know Gambitw, as I mentioned I realize your upset over this and thats understandable but we have no control over that function and will do what ever we can to help you .. :wink:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 07:23:41 pm »
Gambitw, I would also be upset if my machine had lost a lot of files but unfortunately this sort of things happen to folks, and computers are notorious for not doing as we would wish them to do.

The WinMX program is the property of WinMX technologies and not ourselves and we are not responsible for any of its actions, the program also contains a disclaimer of a similar nature and we have not modified the program at all to make that provision void.

If you have any problems with the 1.9 patch then I will be more than pleased to help but this is not one of those cases, I can only sympathise.

Offline Smitty

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 02:45:40 am »
Oh boy.............must not have anybody better to blame it on. There is no way the patch can force it to delete your media files. I'm assuming it was media files, such as music and such. Sounds like a case of retardedness to me.

Sorry for being so blunt, but that's what I believe.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WTF is this 1.9 Patch CAUTION

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx