gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 05:20:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Connection  (Read 1402 times)

Lizette_518

Connection
« on: October 28, 2005, 10:27:44 pm »
I am having a real problem........People are not able to connect to me.....and now it seems I cant get any search results......any suggestions??Thx

Glynn

Connection
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 11:34:58 pm »
hi
first are you running xp....if so check that the xp firewall has fully allowed winmx to run through it.
also check other firewalls too.

if your using ZoneAlarm then this is most probably the issue.....over the years of using winmx ive come acroos this problem many times and i believe ZA is hard to configure although ive never used it myself so cant really comment only on observations.

hope this helped :)

Gus Morrison

bandwidth and firewalls
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 09:24:11 am »
9 primary  stations online . ,no second. Changed my bandwith  9out = 13.5 = in downloaded at btween 7 and 15 ks
 .Use zone alarm only firewall ask you if you want to accept winmx and enters it into your programs. the free version. mcaffee and norton  great disasters  right off my puter altogether .while I am downloading or uploading i turn my firewall off virus check my downloads before i install them no problem here Only my system will not fight your firewall .3 stns online right now timing out . I have 1287 files to share but cant if you wont let me. Patches installed  Same incoming 6699 = out 6257 .Merry Christmas to All Gus and Mary.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Connection
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 10:04:14 am »
No secondaries is a port issue, this is usually down to router or firewall configuration, sometimes an ISP blocking.

This is the first place to look, sometimes on some systems ZA refuses to play nicely with WinMX, but if you're still seeing S=0 with it disabled this isn't the issue here.. but if it does cause problems Sygate or Kerio are good alternatives.

www.portforward.com is a good site to look for router config instructions, & if your ISP is one of those who block (mainly cable companies) changing ports often overcomes this.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connection

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx