gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 03:22:31 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Uploads time out!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Uploads time out!  (Read 1928 times)

TDD830

Uploads time out!
« on: November 03, 2005, 02:07:14 pm »
I want to share, but they time out.  I get messages to share and when I respond back, they too time out.

I have SBC DSL and a Linksys Router.  My firewall is Mcafee and Windows XP.  I need to know how to enable this?  Also, can I add anything in the host file??

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Uploads time out!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 04:48:02 pm »
TDD830,

Hi, sounds like your router may be blocking your ports, it could also easily be either or both of your firewalls.

What you need to do is open ports that WinMX uses in the router and in the XP firewall and allow WinMX program in the McAfee firewall.

For your Router:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

For Windows XP:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

For McAfee:
http://firewalling.com/personalfirewalls/McAfeeV6.0FirewallPlus.htm

These all have instructions with pictures to help you get the correct ports set up for your brands, if you have any questions or problems feel free to post them here or come by our room on the WinMX network here

WinMxWorld.Com_1F6B8156094A

hicus

lynksys
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 04:37:28 pm »
Im also using lynksys router (win xp sp2, windows firewall). I've donne router and firewall adjustements, but i still can't upload files I'm sharing....
Before I've installed 1.9 patch I was able to share (upload) my files. Any suggestions for solving this problem?

schrikg

Uploads time out!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 12:42:46 am »
What type linksys router ?
I've a WAG54G and it has problems with "Single Port Forwarding".

Use "Port Range Forwarding" instead
I forwarded port 6000-7000 Both (TCP & UDP)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
Uploads time out!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 09:35:19 am »
Hi hicus,

Installing the Patch may have changed some settings also, so be sure to go to your WinMX Settings > Internet Connections > Incoming TCP .. make sure this is set the Listen on port  <Same Port as In Router>
Do the same with IN/OUT UDP .. should be set to Send and Receive on port ..<Same as Router Rule>

Once these are done also please check your XP firewall, it has a habit of enabling itself without you knowing with any changes to the computer, like a new install of a patch..

You didnt mention this but if you have Norton 2005, you will also need to set WinMX to allow, in the worm protection...

Let us know

Gus Morrison

Re: Uploads time out!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 11:15:36 pm »
Quote from: TDD830
I want to share, but they time out.  I get messages to share and when I respond back, they too time out.

I have SBC DSL and a Linksys Router.  My firewall is Mcafee and Windows XP.  I need to know how to enable this?  Also, can I add anything in the host file??

Gus Morrison

Uploads time out!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 11:24:09 pm »
cannot upload or download connect up primary ,high speed cable,xp home,no firewall ,system sendind 254,255,256  out on cable,shaw cable checked me all very good here ,patch will not download  it is corrupted have to ignore it when trying to install will not install. home brand new computer only person uses it.
Have all my share programs in shared files .leave my puter on all the time 24/7 unless reparing. Gus553

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
Uploads time out!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 12:43:48 pm »

Gus Morrison

Uploads time out!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 07:27:10 pm »
can you put sherwoods address in again please haveing problems with micrsoft they keep lock win up and shutting it down evry time i send a report they say you are n0t online anymore haha.but peaing me off they keep locking up my whole system .so can you give me sherwoods add again please .Gus

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Uploads time out!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx