gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 07:28:57 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Reconnected WinMX but no search
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Reconnected WinMX but no search  (Read 2806 times)

arrows8zip

Reconnected WinMX but no search
« on: November 01, 2005, 11:16:58 am »
Hi

I downloaded the patch for WinMX last week & it was working fine again, but today I found that I get no results from any search & there's no-one uploading from me which is strange.

I checked all the other threads & am worried that no-one else seems to have suffered this problem  :shock:

Any ideas how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated  :)

TIA

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 12:16:56 pm »
arrows8zip,
Hi I am not exactly sure what may have caused this to 'just start' acting like this but your not the only one no..

I have about 3 other folks  that have had this problem recently.  

Its imperative that we go through the usual steps to find what the problem may be. So I have a few questions for you if you dont mind.

I need to know if you have a router or dsl modem?
Are you on Cable Internet and if so what provider.
What operating system do you use and what antivirus and firewalls.

Have you done any microsoft updates on that day.
What incompletes do you have in your WinMX. (Please send this information via PM to me on site here as to maintain your privacy regarding your OnLine activity.)

Thanks..

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 06:02:09 pm »
haven't registered so can't reply by pm, but nothing I can't post here I don't think. (if so, please feel free to alter the post)

I think you may have already located the problem as I recently installed a wireless router instead of the previous modem. It's connected by ethernet cable to this device, the wireless bit is for a laptop that doesn't use WinMX.

Got AVG antivirus & the firewall that is provided by the router (BT Voyager 2100) - provider is BT Broadband (UK), not a cable provider.

Haven't done any MS updates in the past week & the only incomplete (I take it you mean incomplete downloads) is "Lady" by K. R. (don't laugh, it's for the missus)  :lol:

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 06:53:20 pm »
Yes, I would say that more  than likely your problem is the router, good news is its not hard to fix this.

What you have to do is open ports in the router to allow WinMX to listen and recieve information from other computers on the WinMX Network.

The first place to start is here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

That will help you to find the information you will need, and guide you to the Portforward.com site that will have your router brand with complete instructions that are easy to follow.

If you have any problems or need any assistance with this feel free to post it here or come by our room on the WinMX Network

WinMxWorld.Com_1F6B8156094A

arrows8zip

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 01:59:24 pm »
Thanks very much. I will try that. You've been very helpful  :)

arrows8zip

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 05:25:58 pm »
Thanks Me Here. It took me a while to get round to doing this as I've been hectic at work but have now got WinMX back after following your steps.

Very much appreciated - thank you again  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Reconnected WinMX but no search

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx