gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 05:23:54 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Router problem/port forwarding help??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Router problem/port forwarding help??  (Read 1869 times)

Ryu0000

Router problem/port forwarding help??
« on: December 13, 2005, 06:46:04 pm »
I am using a TP-LINK TD-8800 ADSL router.

i am not able to have incoming TCP connections. pls help with port forwarding??

ryu0000

no reply?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 05:05:30 pm »
9 views , not a single reply???

not even a suggestion???????? :(

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 11:53:12 pm »
Sorry Ryu0000,

I am to blame for that.. I actually have even downloaded the pdf of your router and havent had a chance to look it over as yet, because of the Christmas party room.  Been busy here.. my deepest appologies.. I will look it over to see what you need to know and get back to you as soon as I can, hopefully by tomorow the 16th ..

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 10:08:34 am »
Hi Ryu,

Well after reading your model's PDF files that I amable to find, I cant seem to get one that actually works or is in english.  Most are in japanese.

I would suggest you call the ISP that you got this Modem from and have them walk you through forwarding your ports.  If your worried about telling them its for WinMX dont forget that WinMX is not illegal and neither is hosting a chat room using it, in which you would have to have these ports forwarded to allow users to gain access..

Basically you need to open port 6699 for TCP and 6257 for UDP, or if you have choosen to use different ports then forward those instead.

Let me know what they tell you..

danitza

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 06:38:22 pm »
hi Me Here
i went trough the tutorial and it seems i done everything (at least when i set a custom service for my ip service router for winmx, the changes for Incoming TCP 6699 and IN/OUT UDP 6257 are enabled.) The problem is when running the winmx setup i still receive the message 'this computer is unable to receive....' What can i do in this case to set up the required tcp & udp ports?
windows xp pack2 with all updates, but the firewall is unabled - i use zonealarm & mcafee - they both are configured to allow winmx to connect to the net (and to play as a server in case for za)
thanks for the help!!!
...and sorry to bother you again :-/

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 07:10:21 pm »
Hi Danitza,

Its no bother at all.  When your running the set up wizard that sends a special test to the caches.  Now for an initial installation that test should work for the standard ports TCP 6699 and UDP 6257 however, this is not true for the set up wizard after that time to my understanding.

So the best judge is not the 'Set Up Wizard' but the actual uploads; are they working? If your primary what is your number for S= ?  etc..

Let me know what these things say, also each time you run that test and it fails it will set your ports 'Incoming TCP and IN/OUT UDP' to Unable.  These must be set to Listen or Send on .. the correct numbers.

Let me know what your WinMx is acting like and lets judge your connectivity on that ..

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 08:57:35 pm »
Hi Me Here
i started winmx and as u told me - it 'listens' now to the assigned ports (TCP 6699 and UDP 6257), still doesn't permit primary connection but it seems it's not crucial, isn't it?
uploads are ok - 2x20-21kB
downloads - not sure - still waiting (not enough share for 70's stuff perhaps :-)  )
do you thing it's all right?
and another question (...well, i would really have more further): i had this problem previously using winmx - after leaving it to cope alone at night ususally in the morning the uploads were running but all my waitings were lost. It's not a power option - i don't check whatever to turn off. Now (before starting winmx) when leaving winamp for radio it still works in the morning but i cannot open a single browser page - it seems smth doesn't work.... do you have any idea what to do?
thanks a lot for the help!!

danitza

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 08:59:30 pm »
:-o  sorry, it was me, danitza, whith the previous message....

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 08:38:25 pm »
Hey Danitza,

Yes you sound like things are running fine, and if you run a secondary there is nothing wrong with that.

As far as loosing downloads over nite, your not the only one that seems to have this problem once in a while.. I cant exactly help you much as most of them have also not had a lot of success with making adjustments either..

I am not sure how much ram you have but you may need to increase that .. depending on what you have.

MxM_ClassicTVKeepers

Actiontec GT704GW Router/DSL Modem
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 11:01:10 pm »
I just got this modem and I can't find the combination of needed IP addresses & DNS servers to setup port forwarding. Help please, Jeff

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Router problem/port forwarding help??

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx