gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 09:18:32 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  A suggestion, but don't know to whom I should give it to....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A suggestion, but don't know to whom I should give it to....  (Read 1195 times)

Charyuop

Hi. Since WinMX.com closed I actually don't know who is running the program, it seems that different groups issue patches when needed.
Tho it seems that in WinMxWorld you find the more up-to-date products and informed people (is it that some of WinMx creator are in this site...don't know!).
I have a suggestion for whoever makes WinMx updates and that is a new look for the "search" settings. We need setting that let you decide what search you need (like setting only AVI, instead of the long list for Video, or only ISO or VOB or so on...). Another useful thing would be able to have the chance to write stuff that stays on the "search" fields, so we can set as default the -c: -user. I am sure the RIAA will come out with other path that we need to ignore and writing a long list everytime gets really annoying.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
A suggestion, but don't know to whom I should give it to....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 09:50:27 pm »
Charyuop,

The makers of winmx closed down all peer caches, their website and they also stopped developing the program.
The people who made patches to still use the program are not connected at all to the company that made winmx.
They are users like you and me - just better at programming, so they were able to find a way to set up new peer caches and get us on the network again.
Still, the program belongs to the company, and nobody that I know of is able to change it, nor could they do it without breaking copyright laws.
That means there will be no changes whatsoever made to the original winmx program.
Let's just hope that some day someone may write a new, improved, client with all the features we want to connect us to out favorite network :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Charyuop

A suggestion, but don't know to whom I should give it to....
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:43:16 am »
Thank you very much for explaining that to me. I was completely in the dark about all that, I had always  thought that those patches were from the creator of Winmx.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  A suggestion, but don't know to whom I should give it to....

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx