gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 04, 2024, 03:22:29 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Cant get primary and dont know why
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cant get primary and dont know why  (Read 1091 times)

from Singapore

Cant get primary and dont know why
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:14:56 pm »
Hi moderators

I have been an avid fan of WinMX and I must say its the best p2p i have ever come across. Its sad to say I dont have friends or gurus from my place that can help me with the problem im facing now.

My curent location is Singapore, am currently running Windows 2000 and using Cable modem Motorola SB5100i and my ISP Starhub. I am curently not using any routers and i believe I had disabled all possible firewalls I have within my PC.

I hope somebody can answer some of the questions I have here

1. Is there any firewall setings within Windows 2000 like XP ? If yes how do i de-activate it.

2. For the particular modem I have.... it seems that there is no way I can configure it.. since Im not getting a primary that means I need to forward ports to get the connection coming in? If so please advise me on how to d it.

3. I called my ISP enquiring from the technical team, they said my modem has no built in firewall or router.. its technically "transparent". If that is the case why am I not able to get a primary connection ?

4. Is there a way to test if my local ISP is blocking out p2p ports ?

Currently with a secondary .. i am only able to attain dload sps of 12 - 18 kbs... however I beileive the speed will dramatically improve if i can get a primary. I hope somebody will be able to assist me on this.

Thx alot team !

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 04:10:48 pm »
Windows 2000 has no built in firewall, so as long as you alow winmx in the firewall you install (i recommend you run one) this should be OK

It's worth noting if you run Norton AntiVirus 2005 or later WinMX must be set to allowed in internet worm protection, this will otherwise block you.

If this isn't the issue try changing the port numbers in winmx settings & restarting the program, it tends only to be the default ports that get blocked by an ISP in most cases, so changing TCP 6699 to say 26699 & UDP from 6257 to 26257 may resolve it if it's an ISP block.

Peer Guardian 2 CAN be used to monitor allowed connections into your pc, installing this as outlined here https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html
but turning on logging of allowed connections while you observe what is or isn't getting through, may yeild useful  information on what TCP & UDP connections are getting through.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

sneager

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 04:53:27 pm »
Hi I think i have managed to forward all the incoming ports correctly.
Now I am able to attain primary connection however my dloads cant even run. Sometimes its only a few kbs then somehow it dies off.

What could be the possible explanation? If assuming my ISP has blocked off the TCP 6699 and UDP 6257 ports are there any other ports I can use ?

Kindly advise anyone ... will appreciate the efforts

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:04:48 pm »
https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206

There are a list of ports there that are worth a try for folks with ISP problems, however its far from complete, and its also possible that non will cure it.. but its worth a try ..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Cant get primary and dont know why

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 27 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx