gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 03:23:38 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  general question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: general question  (Read 1212 times)

peer guardian &open n

general question
« on: January 17, 2006, 12:45:38 am »
i'm fairly new to this so bear with me ,i had to start using p2gas my connections were getting cut off .but my question is "should the block http be off or on "? if i have it off will that cause any effect to my upl and dl's?-- just started on the open nap network-- my question is -what is the difference between the two {winmx and open nap) and if im on one or the other will the dl's and ul's be affected ? - if i que up a file while on the open nap network then go back to winmx network will the que still start or only when in that network ?  thanks in advanced     Bryan L

c2R

Re: general question
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:05:50 am »
Quote from: peer guardian &open n
just started on the open nap network-- my question is -what is the difference between the two {winmx and open nap)

opennap is an older method of filesharing, based on that which the original napster used, where you all connect to a single server which contains a list of the files you are sharing.  You can connect to many different opennap servers at once.  WinMX is much more advanced as it does away with this need for fixed main servers, instead using primary nodes that can talk to oneanother.

and if im on one or the other will the dl's and ul's be affected ? - if i que up a file while on the open nap network then go back to winmx network will the que still start or only when in that network ?  

You can leave both networks connected simultaneously.  If you start downloading a file on one network, and it doesn't complete, if the file is available on the other network, you should be able to resume where you left off.  However, you cant download the same file simultaneously from both networks.

Regards
Chris

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
general question
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 09:48:08 am »
As Chris mentions Winmx started as an opennap client, its advanced into what it is today but still supports the OpenNap Protocols.

OpenNap is great except one thing, in order to finish a download you must be on the opennap server, and files found on OpenNap will not find sources anywhere else, including the same server.  The hash system is totally different there fore you have to complete that download from that same user..

Your Peer Guardian Blocks on HTTP should be off, HTTP should be allowed at all times.

taylor409

winmx not working
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 05:31:59 pm »
i've downloaded the fix and software over and over and still can't get it to work. why?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
general question
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 05:34:16 pm »
Can you be more specific about what fix and what software.. also what exact problems your having with it please Taylor

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  general question

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx