gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76791 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 28, 2024, 11:51:14 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Un-usual Crash?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Un-usual Crash?  (Read 3311 times)

Bar10der

Un-usual Crash?
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:27:55 pm »
First post : 3.54 beta, 3 gig mem., xp2000, Moni, dsl-2 wire, secondary. Whew! I hope that is a good start. Hello all and THANKS to all who have made WinMx work again. I am sure many kudos are due! Ok 2 the problem. I am able to connect, trade and message with NO problems. But... After 24 to 36 hours my visuals start to crash! Can not read Dls or who is in Que. All info windows will show up blank and I have to guess at placement to shut down. Soon after my Dls quit but Uls seem to continue. All is fine after re-boot. Last.... I hve been Dling for about 8 years and the Winmx community has become friendlier and communicative  than ever b4!!  Hopefully  someone has the knowlege to figure this out, I sure don't! I do make a mean martinni!
Cheers and Regards, Bar10der

KM

Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 08:23:02 pm »
do you have any addons loaded (such as mxmonitor which has a history of causing that, or perhaps other things like leechhammer etc)

Bar10der

Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 10:18:04 pm »
Thank you for your reply! Yes I do run mx-monitor. I have re-set all windows and dis-abled visual themes. I also checked the GDI object count(273). I read about these options in another post. ANY help would be awesome! (owe you a beer)! Bar10der
P.S. I do not know what GDI count is\or it's uses.

KM

Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 05:58:03 am »
have you tried running without mxmonitor for a bit? mxmonitor has been reported to cause that problem by quite a few users, would identify the problem if it suddenly stopped happening...

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 05:33:52 am »
mxmonitor used to crash on me always when i used it for that full 20 min lol.
- Josh

anon

Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 11:54:48 pm »
I have the same problem but noticed that it only seems to happen with XP service pack 2 installed. If I remove the service pack the problem goes away.

anon

same guest as above
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 02:10:21 am »
I thought I would delete both winmx and moni and reinstall them. MxMonitor states to install in a seperate directory so I did that this time. Maybe this is the cause of the problem???? I have chatted with other moni users and they don't report this problem!

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 09:09:35 am »
I have seen some (not all) xp users with service pack2 report problems, there seems to be some issue, in one case it was reported that starting moni after winmx rather than using it to start the program resolved it, you might want to try this.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

anon from above again

Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 02:04:34 am »
Yah a reinstall didn't change anything... 5 or 6 hours later I come home to the problem again... Going to try the above suggestion and see what happens.

Anonymous

Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 02:56:58 am »
Quote from: anon from above again
Yah a reinstall didn't change anything... 5 or 6 hours later I come home to the problem again... Going to try the above suggestion and see what happens.

The fix is simple. Right-click on the program name in your programs file, or on the shortcut if you start WinMx via a shortcut. On the compatibilities page of the popup window, click on "disable visual themes"

You lose some prettyness, but you'll never get the bad screen painting again.

nycram

Anon

Un-usual Crash?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 04:43:52 am »
That worked! Thanks Bro!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Un-usual Crash?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx