gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 10:34:31 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Trouble connecting with 2.0 & 2.2 Patches
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Trouble connecting with 2.0 & 2.2 Patches  (Read 2284 times)

dxm205

Trouble connecting with 2.0 & 2.2 Patches
« on: January 31, 2006, 06:59:46 pm »
Help!
I am having problems connecting with the new patches 2.0 & 2.2.
1.9 works great.
Win 2k with v 3.54.
I have to connect through a Socks 5 Proxy because my ISP blocks p2p traffic.  The proxy encrypts my packets, so the ISP can't strip off the p2p.
I can't forward ports, so I have to connect as secondary.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 07:06:12 pm »
DXM205

If you are having connection problems with those patches then I would suggest going back to 1.9. I'm not sure but you can check to see if it is still on https://www.winmxgroup.com or you can get it here https://www.winmxworldomega.com/download.html

You are not urged to update.

KM

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:41:56 pm »
might also seem a little silly, but make sure that the push hostnames through socks proxy server (or whatever it is labeled) is NOT enabled, otherwise it would ask the proxy to do the DNS lookups, which would bypass the patch (although in that case i guess 1.9 would also not work...)

other than that i can't think how a proxy should effect it, i'll add it to my list of things that might be worth testing (very few people use proxy servers so i'm sure you can understand it not being a priority)

pit222

winmx
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 06:22:18 am »
i was just wondering what i can do about winmx im using winmx 3.53 and the 2.2 patch and when i download or do anything else my screen goes complety white and im on sec.cant use primary it slows down the downloads so i was wondering if you can tell me what i can do everyone i talk to tells me to use the 2.9 piepatch i tryed it and same problem so if you can get back to me as soon as you can that would be nice thank-you pit222 ill be here or you can email me at pitbull445@hotmail.com

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 09:28:12 am »
This is extremely unlikely to be anything to do with either patch, once your connected, your connected, there is clearly some problem with your setup, have you tryed removing Winmx and doing a fresh install? Also your not using Zone Alarm by chance are you? Have you tried going back to 3.31 or even tried 3.54? Are you running any addons for MX? If so try removing them and see if that solves it....

Post back and let us know how you get on, also please post as many details about what your running as poss.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Trouble connecting with 2.0 & 2.2 Patches

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx