gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 02:27:35 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  NO primary connection but secondary!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NO primary connection but secondary!  (Read 1620 times)

seabee

NO primary connection but secondary!
« on: February 28, 2006, 03:48:57 pm »
guys ,, ok ive been at it for about 2 months struggling on here,, ive done every majic formula i can think of ,, i think im a majician now..lol

ive tried every patch, every version of winmx , every port configuration , every hosts file ,,,,

ive tried everything!!!!!

I CANNOTT GET A PRIMARY CONECTION!!!!!
I CAN GET A SECONDARY, BUT NOT A PRIMARY IT JUST GOES DEAD,, IT CONNECTS BUT JUST SITS THERE, I CANNOTT GET CHAT ROOMS, OR ANY RESULTS IN SEARCHES

CAN ANYONE HELP ME??????   PLEASE GOD !!!! HELP!!!!

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Re: NO primary connection but secondary!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 04:09:48 pm »
Hey Seabee

Firstly can you post with some further information, are you behind a router, modem, firewall etc, if so, please post makes and models. Also any other relevant info, like are you on a college network or similar? Also what ISP do you use, and what connection speed do you have.

Dont panic, post back some info, if not i then one of the other folks here will help you

SEABEE

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 04:18:14 pm »
YEP SORRY FOR A LACK OF INFO THERE....

IM BEHIND A U.S ROBOTICS 802.11G ROUTER WITH PORT 10,000 OPEN ALL THE TIME ... SO I HAVE INCOMING UDP AND OUTGOING TCP ON PORT 10,000
MY MODEM IS THE MOTOROLA SURFBOARD 5100
MY ISP IS   ROAD RUNNER
IM ON CABLE

MY WINDOWS FIREWALL IS TURNED OFF ,,,, DUE TO HAVING HOT SWAP HARD DRIVES THIS ONE IS JUST FOR DOWNLOADING AND BURNING@!  SO IF SOMEONE WANTS WHAT I GOT I DONT REALLY CARE,, ILL JUST REFORMAT IF I GET A VIRUS.......LOL

MY MACHINE IS MAINLY A GAMING MACHINE SO ITS REALLY QUICK,,   AMD 64 FX-53 WITH THE MATCHING ASUS BOARD,,, 2 GIGS OF RAM
WINXP SERVICE PAK 2

I CAN SEARCH AND GET RESULTS AND TRY TO DOWNLOAD WITH SECONDARY CONNECTION BUT NOT WITH THE PRIMARY!
I GET NOTHING WITH THE PRIMARY , NOT EVEN CHAT CHANNELLS....

IM RUNNING THE MXPIE PATCH,, MAYBE I SHOULD START OVER AGAIN HUH!!!!

HELP!

KM

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 04:50:00 pm »
you need to forward 2 ports from your router to your computer, one TCP and a different one for UDP. (Then obviously make sure that winmx is set to use those ports)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 04:51:27 pm »
Hi SeaBee.
Welcome to the site.  The reason your not getting results is there is something blocking the direct connections needed for a primary to work correctly.

Here is the guide that I need you to use for your Router.
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/USRobotics/USR8011/default.htm

You will need to know the machines Internal IP or Default IP Address to input into the router also, this can be obtained by:
Going to Start > Run .. type cmd  Hit OK.
Now in the Dos Box type ipconfig  Hit Enter.. get your Default IP Address from here (not your Gateway Address)

Road Runner is also playing with some port shaping, meaning some regular ports for some customers wont work, so for this reason I would like you to try these ports:

I want you to open that beast up again and forward these ports:
1720 TCP
3339 UDP (this one is often used for remote desktops etc.. so if your using those with mx you could see problems.. use one program at a time if you do)

Do those in seperate rules, you need to have one for TCP set to the correct Internal IP and one for UDP set to the correct Internal IP.

Now open WinMx and look at:
Settings > Incoming TCP ..set this to Listen on port 1720..
Then > In/Out UDP..set this to Send and receive on port 3339..

Now you will need to make sure if your using Norton to allow WinMx in any worm protection.
Make sure the XP firewall is either off or allowing these same port numbers.

Restart the Pc, and let me know what happens

seabee

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 05:22:42 pm »
ok thanks guys ,,, i ran out of time today to do it !  i have to go to work,,, but as soon as i do it ill post it here

thanks for all the help!

ill probably do it in the morning on wed!

thanks'
seabee

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 05:34:56 pm »
In Due time SeaBee.. as long as we get you working properly ..Dont forget that on primary and the pie patch its vital you run Peer Guardian with our block list installed to help strengthen the network and block the riaa from using your machine to do the flooding.

Adding the Block List - Also has download link and instructions for installation link there.

BeeJay

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 05:07:21 pm »
to SeaBee
Once you set your router up, it'll be fine.  I tried many other port numbers....but when tried the 1720-volla....worked!
and yes,use Peer Guardian - it's fabulous once you get on primary
(I had same fighting experience until got the proper help)
GOOD Luck!!!

signed,
Another WINMX Lover!!!

Cheers 8)
e/m - emailmagic911@yahoo.ca

seabee

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 05:51:45 am »
just wanted to say thanks ,,, everything went ok!!!!!!

on line now on primary and loving it !!!!

you guys are the best

thanks

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  NO primary connection but secondary!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx