gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 18, 2024, 01:15:02 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  Problems with WinMX GUI
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Problems with WinMX GUI  (Read 2806 times)

Sasuketea

Problems with WinMX GUI
« on: December 30, 2005, 05:56:25 am »
I've had this problem with winmx for months now and it never goes away even if I reformat. I am very sure it is not the result of a virus of any sort as I've done various scans and the problem still consists even after fresh formats. With that said, here's the problem:
Eventually(maybe even sometimes immediatly), any internal windows I bring up within winmx such as browsing a user, or the settings window, will come up in the front and appear as if its a background window thats not being used. No matter what I do I cant get it to change from having the faded look to its top and have absolutly not way of clicking anything inside of the window, let alone even close it. Here is a pic that will hopefully give a better idea whats going on here: http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1QPXUXCUN222O2W78J9AF1FR8C
With some windows, if I click outside of it, it will put itself into an idle window within the program, but once there I cant bring it up again. Worse is the case where when I want to resume a file, it'll bring up something asking me if I want to overwrite the previous one and such. Once its up I have no way of getting around it and am forced to close the program. This is driving me nuts. Anyone able to help at all?
Thanks in advanced for reading my rant  :lol: [/b]

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 12:09:08 am »
Right click on either the WinMX icon in the system tray, or title bar at top of the main program window & choose "Reset all Windows" this fixes the problem you describe without having to restart WinMX
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Sasuketea

Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 05:06:32 am »
Thanks for the advice, but it still doesnt change anything. The window still remains there with the faded look. "Reset all Windows" only puts in right in the center and thats all :/
This looks hopeless. What could it be thats doing this to it. Perhaps it has something to do with the release, although if that were the case I'd imagine I' d have heard this problem somewhere else by now.
Thanks anyways :)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 09:26:15 pm »
Have you tried switching off MxMoni and seeing how the WinMX acts then ?

MxMoni is known for eating memory over a period of time and this can cause problems for some users  :?

Lets us know any result  :)

( I thought my MX was broken once when I was a Newbie, I had forgotten to "dock" the windows and had a few folks busting with laughter   :lol:  )

KM

Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 07:02:21 am »
Quote from: GhostShip
( I thought my MX was broken once when I was a Newbie, I had forgotten to "dock" the windows and had a few folks busting with laughter   :lol:  )

wasn't that a few days ago? :-P

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 08:27:58 am »
:lol:  No.

Sasuketea

Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 12:18:44 am »
Nah, I've had this problem for almost a year now, and I haven't been using MX Monitor at all over that period. I did just recently start using it again and yeah the problem still persists. Even with it not open. This seems hopeless no matter what. :/

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 12:49:43 am »
Sasuketea, we dont give up that easy here  :)

Time for plan 2 ..

Could you do a sytem file check on your machine and make certain none of the dependent  files that winmx needs are damaged ?

You can do this by going to Start-> Programs-> Accesories->Command Prompt  , Type in the following command sfc/scannow and press enter.

You  may be asked to insert your System Disk so the machine can check the files are ok.

Lets us know if this helped at all as it sometimes fixes the strange faults that seem to have no cause  :?

Sasuketea

Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 11:16:09 pm »
I just completed the scan and nothing seems to be different. When the scan finished it didn't bring up any messages or anything, just brought me back to command prompt, so I'm not sure if it fixed any files or not.  
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but maybe a post of a scan through Hijack This could be helpful? There's lots of random things in there, sometimes they're things that prevent other programs from working. As it is now I get this list of WinMX host IP's in it every few days, and unless I delete them my internet won't even connect.
Thanks for your persistence in trying to help. Most places would just ignore this after nobody can help.  :o

Sasuketea

Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 12:03:57 am »
Just a small update. I installed an older version of MX (v3.53) and upon first open it brings up a msg that said something like "Unable to open init tray". This isn't the first time either. I can recall getting this msg every time I do a fresh install of Winmx. Perhaps this is linked to the problem? Needless to say, after going through tons of browsing, eventually the windows are now stuck again and I cant bring them up :/

Anonymous

Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 12:35:32 am »
Quote from: Sasuketea
Just a small update. I installed an older version of MX (v3.53) and upon first open it brings up a msg that said something like "Unable to open init tray". This isn't the first time either. I can recall getting this msg every time I do a fresh install of Winmx. Perhaps this is linked to the problem? Needless to say, after going through tons of browsing, eventually the windows are now stuck again and I cant bring them up :/

You are using XP, right?

Navigate to your WinMx folder in your Program Files.
Right-click on WinMx.exe
Select Properties from the menu
Select the Compatibility tab
Click on the box next to "Disable visual themes"

You problem will disappear.

NYcram

Sasuketea

Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 03:54:55 am »
Hey guys. Been awhile, kinda forgot about this place since I stopped using MX a couple weeks ago. Just tried it again with the advice to disable visual themes. Hate to say but my problem still persists! Looks like it truely is hopeless. I'm not finding a reason to be on mx all the time anymore though, plus it always eats up all my cpu anyways.
Thank you all for your efforts in trying to help :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Problems with WinMX GUI
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 11:40:07 am »
Aww sorry to hear that Sasuketea.

We wish you well on your new endeavours  :)

As regards the CPU usage many folks are seeing a rise in this due to UDP flooding of their connections, shows how desperate these greedy Music companies are, you,ll see the same on most large networks.

Take care,  and hope to see you return  :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  Problems with WinMX GUI

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx