gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 08:32:04 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Virtually 100% Of Downloads Time Out
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Virtually 100% Of Downloads Time Out  (Read 2575 times)

Quejikos

Virtually 100% Of Downloads Time Out
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:03:41 pm »
Why do virtually 100% of my downloads (Japanese files/all Japanese sources) time out? Is it caused by your "blocking functions" or are the Japanese greedy bastards who only transfer for trades and/or using software to block transfers to non-Japanese IPs/those who aren't trading with them? Their connections can't be a problem because I know Japan has a good network. I've increased all the time out settings in WinMX to their maximums. Would Vladd44's WinMX work better?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Virtually 100% Of Downloads Time Out
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:27:09 pm »
Quejikos,
When files are not downloading its usually a settings thing. On the side of the source.

Our blocking is of Macrovision a company that floods WinMx with Fake files causing disruption to users.  There are no IP numbers from the Asian area at this time.

Many users not just Japanese users use programs for trade or upload limits for shared files such as MxMonitor.  This does not identify folks by the IP so no they are NOT blocking IPs in this way.  Its possible for anyone to have WinMx set up wrong no matter how good the network of their ISP is.. WinMx is a flexible program allowing for many types of connections and set ups..
Increasing your time out settings is good, and its just about the only thing you can do from your end, be sure your sharing similar material to that your seeking, make sure your sharing a fair number of files, these things will help you to not get ignored by users MxMonitor.

Quejikos

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:31:35 pm »
You There, I have all of that covered. Sharing 1100+ files/13GB+, including types similar to those seeking. Is there any command or message (any commonly used phrase the Japanese use to trade) that I can send to them to help initiate transfer?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 11:34:27 pm »
humm...

Well thats a difficult bit.. I know first hand trying to coordinate the multilanguge sections of the site..

What we need is a Japanese translator to help with this part.. I shall see what I can do for you on this..

Quejikos

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 11:35:24 pm »
Thanks.

Quejikos

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 12:29:14 am »
Thought I should also mention that while most downloads time out, a few will transfer a few K and then disconnect...

Quejikos

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 12:35:09 am »
Waiting hours and hours to go threw these enormous queues and to see user after user time out or just transfer a few K and then send me back to the end of the line really pisses me off.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Virtually 100% Of Downloads Time Out

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx