gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 10:11:38 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Cant install 3.54
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cant install 3.54  (Read 2924 times)

yerty

Cant install 3.54
« on: April 01, 2006, 08:22:30 am »
Several days ago my computer decided to reboot on its own while I was sitting here.  When it came back up WinMX connected but I am unable to find any results on a search as well as any files I had queued up.  I tried to install 3.54 and I stopped and started WinMX and it still shows 3.53 and Patch Operational - Update available.

Make primary connection is selected and I am on an XP box.  I also just installed PeerGuardian2 but that didn't help.

Suggestions?

Mark

KM

Re: Cant install 3.54
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:56:45 am »
it sounds like you might be behind a router and have ports forwarded to your computer... but your computers LAN IP Address has changed, so you might need to go and change the IP Address that your ports are forwarded (use ipconfig /all to confirm if your LAN IP Address has changed) - this will normally only happen if your computer is turned off for a few days, however if the router was also rebooted at the same time as the computer (eg. by a brief power cut or something?) then it would happen instantly as the router would forget the IP Address it gave the computer the last time

M

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 12:35:34 pm »
I just checked and the IP has not changed.  I also tried a reboot of everything and that didnt work either.  I have rebooted the router in the past with no troubles.

what can i try next?

KM

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 02:04:05 pm »
your LAN IP Address has stayed the same, and the ports are still forwarded to your computer?

yerty

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 10:58:12 am »
Im not sure what you mean by ports forwarded.  I have a linksys 54G router.

yerty

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:31:15 pm »
ok i found the place on my router to forward ports.. i put in 6699 and restarted winmx.. no luck

yerty

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 02:41:15 pm »
Its working again.  I changed the connection to the secondary after the port forward change.  Thanks for your help

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Cant install 3.54

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx