gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 04, 2024, 07:32:47 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Wireless causing a problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wireless causing a problem  (Read 1578 times)

Bleached

Wireless causing a problem
« on: May 31, 2006, 07:33:53 am »
I was an avid WinMX user a year or so ago, but I haven't had it on my computer for awhile.  Now I've reinstalled it (v3.54 beta 4) and am using a wireless connection.  Using a land-line connection back then, I had no problems - but now with a wireless router, it can't connect directly and now has issues.

I know a little bit about ports and things, but not enough to really figure this thing out.  And I have NO idea what a proxy is.  I just keeped clicking "next" and hoped for the best... heh, didn't quite work out.  So it's blinking yellow at me forever, and I'd really like for someone to give me a step-by-step of how to get this awesome program working again.

If I didn't provide enough info, let me know!
Thanks!

KM

Re: Wireless causing a problem
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 09:56:28 am »
where did you reinstall it from? because if you have the old original ones then they will not connect any more, a working one can be downloaded from here

bleached

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:17:07 am »
Ah, ok.  So I downloaded that, and installed that one.  Now it works, it will connect, but it comes up every time with a "Sorry for the convenience, but WinMX has encountered an error."  If I leave that error window floating to one side, I can do whatever I want in the Search window and stuff, but that error will automatically come up every time I start up the program.  *shrug*  Weird stuff.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:50:13 am »
Do you have IE7? because there's a compatibility issue with IE7 & the XP patch for 3.54, currently running the 9x patch with 3.53 is the way round that, or returning to IE6
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Bleached

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 07:03:02 am »
Nope, I have IE7 installed, but I only use Firefox (the most recent version).

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 07:28:10 am »
currently with ie7 installed you'll either have to use 3.53 (the 9x install option), revert to ie6, or connect using a modified hosts file, & run blocking software (pg2).  Compatibility for 3.54 with ie7 installed is being worked on (you might not use IE but winmx does for the update bar, there's an issue when it meets IE7)
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Bleached

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 05:54:33 pm »
Okay, so I downloaded WinMX 3.53 at this site: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winmx

It still comes up with an error right as I'm starting up the program.  Only now, there's an extra WinMX error window (along with the Windows error window) that says: "WinMX encountered a problem and has closed.  Would you like to send an error report to the WinMX developers?  Error reports contain only basic technical information about the crash, an dare very helpful to the developers.  Send/Don't Send".  When I hit "Send", it tries to take me to an error site, presumably to tell me "Thanks for sending your error report!" or "Here's the problem, and how you can avoid it next time," or something.

Darned program, I had it working last year!

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 09:18:08 pm »
Hi Bleached,
Welcome.. go to this site and get either the full version of WinMx or the Patch Only to allow it to reconnect to the new caches.

WinMx develpment has stopped and sending any error reports is useless at this stage.

www.winmxgroup.com/

Install with WinMX off, then restart..should have you going

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Wireless causing a problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx