gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 01, 2024, 03:32:16 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I need primary connection help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I need primary connection help  (Read 1364 times)

Tomh

I need primary connection help
« on: April 18, 2006, 01:46:36 pm »
I have a pretty well configured PC, with a reasonably fast DSL connection, and would like to run a primary connection to winmx, but I'm having problems.  I can make the primary connection, but I never get any secondary incoming connections.  I assume this is due to a problem with incoming ports, but I'm not certain where the problem is, or what to do about it.  I'm running winmx v3.54 beta 4 with the dll patch on win xp sp2.  My internet connection is Verizon DSL through a Westell Versalink 327W router/modem.  I also have Norton's antivires, and internet security installed.

I have take the following steps:

Norton's internet security is disabled.
Windows firewall is disabled.
Westell firewall function is also disabled.
I followed the guide on portforward.com to forward the UDP and TCP ports in my Westell router.

After taking those steps, I could not connect to primary at all.

I then enabled Static NAT for my computer on the Westell Router.  That allowed me to make the primary connection, but I was still not getting any incoming secondary connections.

I then tried changing my ports, setting the TCP to 2724, and the UDP to 7366, but this didn't change anything.

That leaves me where I am now.  I can make the primary connection, sometimes as many as 4 primary connections, but I never get any secondary connections.  I do get upload requests, and sometimes actual transfers, but I never make download connections, and searched don't yeild results.

Perhaps this is an issue with Verizon blocking ports, does anyone using verizon dsl have a good primary connection?  If so, what ports are you using?  Any help will be appreciated!

KM

Re: I need primary connection help
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 05:23:54 pm »
if you are getting uploads then that should indicate inbound TCP is configured correctly, as for not getting secondaries, give it a while (also helps to do searches, load the channel list, etc, stuff to get the caches to see you)

Tomh

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:18:32 am »
When I connect as primary, I don't get any search results.  If I switch to secondary (without changing the port settings, so winmx is still using the TCP and UDP ports) then searching works again.

KM

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:07:08 am »
that indicates that UDP is not configured correctly, you should go through and ensure that UDP has been forwarded properly in your router etc (ie. make sure you didn't forget to select UDP instead of TCP or something like that)

Tomh

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 10:34:05 pm »
Many thanks KM.  After messing around quite a bit, I finally managed to get things working.  It helped a LOT to know that the problem was with the UDP forwarding!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I need primary connection help

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx