gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 02, 2024, 10:32:40 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs to close
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs to close  (Read 2129 times)

bob32

Last fall I downloaded version 1.9 of the patch, the result being that I ended up with WinMX 3.54 beta 4, which has been working well. However, lately WinMX from time to time has been shutting down after this message appears on the screen: “WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.” What gives, and how do I solve this problem?

bob32

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
Re: WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs to close
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:05:22 am »
Download the updated version 2.2 of the patch from www.winmxgroup.com which solves the crashing problem  :)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 05:21:45 pm »
Reinstall Winmx. Some of your files may have got corrupted. Try deleting and reentering the firewall rules too.
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 06:44:43 pm »
the 1.9 version of the patch causes this if for some unknown reason it can't get the blocklist, as Valor pointed out, the 2.2 version resolves this.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

MutedNewt

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 08:27:13 am »
Download the updated version 2.2 of the patch from www.winmxgroup.com which solves the crashing problem  :)

I was running Version 3.54 beta 4 with 1.9 patch also, have got the same problem,
ok so I have done all that has been suggested, reinstalled, uninstalled then reinstalled, added patch 2.2, and am still getting the “WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.” message.

The one thing that is really strange is,  if I don't click on the send or don't send button on the message, WinMX carries on loading, and preforms as normal in behind the warning message,
But as soon as you click on one of the buttons (send / Don't send) to close warning, it closes down WinMX, and as you can appreciate having a warning message which is always on top of everything can get a tad bit annoying after a few minutes.

Any Suggestions???? I've not got a lot of hair left, so am willing to try about anything  :P

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 11:33:00 am »
Sorry you having troubles MutedNewt :( Download https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-2.2.exe this file from winmxgroup. it is  full version of patched winmx. Uninstall winmx completely and reboot your computer. Install the file. Hope this helps

KM

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 12:14:36 pm »
The one thing that is really strange is,  if I don't click on the send or don't send button on the message, WinMX carries on loading, and preforms as normal in behind the warning message,
But as soon as you click on one of the buttons (send / Don't send) to close warning, it closes down WinMX, and as you can appreciate having a warning message which is always on top of everything can get a tad bit annoying after a few minutes.

that sounds like you installed the patch and it suggested winmx 3.54, then you installed IE7 (which does not like the 3.54 version of the patch atm...)... run the patch installer again and it should instead recommend that you use the 3.53 version

MutedNewt

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 12:52:03 am »
that sounds like you installed the patch and it suggested winmx 3.54, then you installed IE7 (which does not like the 3.54 version of the patch atm...)... run the patch installer again and it should instead recommend that you use the 3.53 version

:D Thank You KM, that stopped the bugger!  :lol:

well it has stopped the warning message and it loads properly,
It Just won't connect now,
If I have the ws2_32.dll file in the WinMX folder, WinMX loads, connects and runs as usual (with Warning message) Having the patch installed recommending 3.53, I notice the ws2_32.dll is replaced with the olepro32.dll file,

Is there a component of  olepro32.dll, that isn't in ws2_32.dll that I should have running to allow WinMX to connect?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 03:43:30 am »
the problem is that ws2_32 conflicts with ie7 oleopro (which was written for win 9x users, doesn't, but also doesn't work with 3.54), until a patch that works with 3.54 & ie7 both is released, you're stuck with 3.53.. unless you install peer guardian & use a hosts file to connect.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

MutedNewt

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 12:06:54 am »
the problem is that ws2_32 conflicts with ie7 oleopro (which was written for win 9x users, doesn't, but also doesn't work with 3.54), until a patch that works with 3.54 & ie7 both is released, you're stuck with 3.53.. unless you install peer guardian & use a hosts file to connect.

Thanks BB, I couldn't get 3.54 to work using peer guardian either, I have some how over lapped an uncompressed version of 3.53 onto 3.54, neither looks to have installed properly as there is no knowledge of the program in the add or remove list after populating, but the folder is there in the program folder, I can click on either icon to open either 3.54 or 3.53 and even though the MX button on Leech hammer is greyed out and doesn't work it has attached itself to 3.53 quite nicely, it happily hammered 43 people yesterday, and already 3 for this morning.

IT might not all be installing or working  the way it has done in the past, but at least I have a version of WinMX up and running again, and many a song is being shared.
So once again, A big thank you, to you good people for the help for getting me running again.

P.S. This doesn't mean you techno whizzes are allowed to slack off,
and I await patiently for a patch to have the ultimate Version, 3.54 beta, running :P :wink: :D

Thanks again
the Newt  :lol:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs to close

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx