gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 04, 2024, 11:28:18 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Router
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Router  (Read 1440 times)

barney

Router
« on: May 30, 2006, 10:44:44 pm »
I have an SMC 2404WBR wireless router.  I followed all the steps with Portforward.com for this product and I still can't donload anything.  What could I be doing wrong.  Everything worked great until I started using the router.  If additional info is needed let me know.  Thanks for any help

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Router
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 11:36:38 pm »
Hi Barney,

Ok first thing is to make sure that you have your rules set up properly in the router, its usually the reason for uploads to not work.  Since you mention thats its downloads not working I also would ask you to visit this page and learn how to filter fakes from your results.. those wont ever download and even if your router was set wrong you can usually get downloads to work.

If your still having problems or if your uploads are not working (those folks downloading from your shared files) then go to this page and make sure your rules are set just right. 

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/SMC/2404WBR/WinMX.htm

You need to make sure that you set the correct IP in this as a Private IP.  You can get the correct one by clicking Start > Run type  cmd  then click OK
Then in the Black DOS Box type ipconfig  then click Enter.

Just make sure this is all set correctly and let us know if your having problems with just downloads or uploads also.

Barney

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:04:30 pm »
Thanks Me here.  I tried everything you suggested.  I went on Portforward.com and entered the info exactly as I was supposed to:  Incoming TCP connections, In/Out UDP packets, and Private IP.  When I log on to winmx it says I'm connected to a primary and then when I type in any song or artist it just says "waiting for results" with no results listed.  I can't download and no uploads either.  HELP!!  

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:35:03 pm »
Do you have a firewall? did you enable winmx in that? Is your windows firewall shut? Is winmx enabled in that? It could be that a firewall is blocking winmx.
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Barney

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 08:43:30 pm »
Do you have a firewall? did you enable winmx in that? Is your windows firewall shut? Is winmx enabled in that? It could be that a firewall is blocking winmx.

It's definitely off.  Again, WinMX was working fine before I connected through the router-SMC2404WBR.  If I try to connect via secondary connection Winmx will give me search results although not as many.  When I click on primary it connects, but I get no search results.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 09:24:49 pm »
Barney,

Give us a bit more information about your system.

What Antivirus do you use?
What firewalls do you use normally?

Be sure to recheck that you have all the numbers typed in correctly on your router rules, end port is same as start port, internal ip is listed and not your gateway ip.  Make sure the rules are enabled if needed and that you have the protocol set correctly.

Then verify that your WinMX is set to also Listen on that TCP port, and Send and recieve on that UDP port listed on WinMX settings > incoming TCP and IN/OUT UDP

Barney

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 10:16:34 pm »
Ok...its working now.  My NEW problem is that some of the files I download have strange interruptions during the songs when they're played.  They will start off normally then fade with a computer sounding bell or "ding-dong" type of noise then resume the song.  This happens throughout the song...very annoying.  What's the deal with this?  Also, its seems to be harder to find songs that download when you see that they're available.  They start to download then it stops and goes red.  Do I need to update my version?  I have WinMX 3.54 beta 4, but it's from Winmxgroup.  I'm not sure how that happened.  Thanks.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 11:09:58 pm »
Barney those are fake files put out by Macrovision.. and as of yesterday there is a updated patch that will weed those out for you so all you have to do is download and get good quality stuff..

redownload a Patch only from here

https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads.html

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Router

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx