gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 04:39:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  finding files
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: finding files  (Read 3288 times)

whitegoth

finding files
« on: February 16, 2006, 10:54:55 am »
Hi,
I was thinking it would be nice if mxmoni could tell me when it finds a user in my Q who, is not using mxmoni themselves, but has a file I'm after.

If it does a handshake that tells the other moni what files I'm after then this wont work. But if my moni reads the browse, or does something else passive, then there should be a record in my moni, or my box, of any user in my Q who has files I'm after.

I know theres no development team anymore but that doesn't mean we can't access information that may be there. It would be so useful as to be worth a bit of struggle.

cheers

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
finding files
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 01:46:35 pm »
That sounds like Shareguard for ques Whitegoth, sorry to say nothing like this exists and probably wont for a while as coders are thin on the ground over at mxcontrol.

Nice idea though, perhaps a passing coder may see this and set to making it for you but I honestly dont see that happening yet, sorry for the bad news  :(

Sharecat5000

Re: finding files
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 01:39:19 am »
am i to understand i mighht prevent some of my blocking experiences then, if i d/l and install mxmoni?

do i hafta have one o them mxmoni nics then if i do?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: finding files
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 02:19:34 am »
Hi Sharecat5000

This depends on what you mean about 'blocking experiences', this could mean many things and I would rather you be more specific then us try to assume what you mean.

As for the MxM that you see in names this is just a heads up to other users that they are also using MXMonitor, its mostly used for folks that either have lots of 'Trading' so that you will know if you start that transfer and are waiting in that persons que Moni (as we call it) will auto start you.  Its not needed and its up to you how you use your Monitor program. Most people use it soley to block Non - Sharing users from getting thier files.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  finding files

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx