gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 04, 2024, 09:22:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  No Connection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: No Connection  (Read 1833 times)

~*Hair*~

No Connection
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:39:40 pm »
I am using windows xp, winmx 3.54 beta and I've downloaded the patch and suddenly I cannot get a connection at all.  I've tried removing and reinstalling, but it was a no go.  I'd really like to be able to use winmx again. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I've read over numerous posts but cannot seem to figure out what the problem is.

PJ

KM

Re: No Connection
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:40:53 am »
the first thing to check is in the top of winmx does it say "Patch Operational"?

also, have you tried installing the 3.53 version? they are 2 different patches for each one that work in a different way - some people don't have luck with one but find the other works fine

PJ

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:47:59 pm »
Yes, it does say Patch Operational. Other than that all it says is Currently helping to block flooders, but will not connect. Also yes, I have tried installing version 3.53 and the patch to see if it would work that way, but  again, no go.  I've been on winmx many years, so I've tried everything I've ever been told and just don't know what to try now.  I can't imagine what the problem is. There has been no firewall installed newly on my system since the patch either.

PJ

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 03:33:28 pm »
Did you disable the windows firewall or allow winmx to access the web? I know you don't have any new ones, but it could be that windows is blocking winmx.
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:41:10 pm »
Also make sure that you WinMX hasnt been changed to try to use a proxy server.

Settings > Outgoing TCP >  'Don't Use Proxy Server'

~*Hair*~

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 05:19:34 pm »
It's not setup to try and use a proxy server, and I haven't touched the windows firewall, so I don't understand why that would be preventing winmx suddenly from being able to connect.  It never asked me if I wanted to allow it or not, ever, even when it was working.  It's still not connectiong, so I don't know what to do.

PJ

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 06:40:56 pm »
The windows firewall might have automaticially blocked winmx without asking you. You didn't mention if you checked that winmx was enabled. Do so and tell us what happened.
Patch link :

~*Hair*~

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 01:04:31 am »
I checked, winmx is enabled on the list. I uninstalled everything totally again and reinstalled and it connected but it will not allow me to search for anything now. I give.

PJ

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 05:06:14 am »
well you made progress, it connects, no search results will be down to blocked or unforwarded ports, which is correctable:
if you have norton 2005 or later check winmx is allowed in internet worm protection https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/norton_2005.html
double check your firewall settings   https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html
& check your port forwarding https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html
note many cable/dsl modems require you to do this, not solely routers
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

~*Hair*~

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 06:24:21 pm »
My system does not have nortons on it.  The information in the tutorial for the router and such for the ports is already there when I look at those areas of my winmx. I never touched them, even when it was working fine. So I have no idea what is causing this problem now.

PJ

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 06:44:27 pm »
You may have not touched the ports when your winmx was working perfectly. But you may have to now

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. But the reverse does not apply.
Patch link :

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 09:46:22 am »
Windows firewall may have detected a change in Winmx.exe when you updated/reinstalled it and may be blocking it in case a wicked hacker has infiltrated your home pc and replaced winmx.exe to hack NASA. Close winmx and open Windows firewall settings>Exceptions tab. hilight winmx.exe and press the delete button . Press the Add program button then the browse button next to the path:bar, navigate  to C:\program files\winmx and hilight winmx.exe, press open and then Ok. Or you can delete the rule and make sure "Display a notification when Windows Firewall blocks a program" on the exceptions tab is checked and when you reopen winmx it will ask whether to block or allow it. Let us know how you are getting on  Hair

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  No Connection

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx