gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 08:18:04 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I have a green light but can't down or upload files
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I have a green light but can't down or upload files  (Read 3191 times)

bytemylobster

I have a green light but can't down or upload files
« on: March 02, 2006, 09:27:49 pm »
I have winmx working again, or so I thought.  I have a secondary connection on port 7940 and get a green light.  I get search requests but no downloads.  I have configured my router and firewall to the same port and am running winxp.  Am I missing something simple?
Thanx

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: I have a green light but can't down or upload files
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:03:17 am »
Yes it sounds like your missing a UDP port, WinMx doesnt like ranges of ports set to BOTH protocol either.. do them separately.
Configure a UDP port for WinMx also this should help, make sure its the same number in the TCP as WinMx and UDP also.

KM

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 07:06:59 am »
just to avoid anynchance of confusion when reading me_here's post (which makes littel sense to me, but i'm sure someone can decrypt it)... make sure you use a different port for TCP and UDP (don't use the same port for both or you will have problems)

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:32:17 am »
bytemylobster if you are using Windows XP with Service Pack two try disabling the built in firewall i had the same problem and when i disbabled the windows firewall everything worked fine.

If you have any more problems please feel free to PM me i will help as mucha as i can

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 11:11:44 am »
Help configuring popular firewalls is here : https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html
I'd advise anyone strongly against disabling firewall except for breif tests to determine if it's where the problem is, if things work with it disabled, then it should be configured so they also work with it running..
If a particular firewall causes an insurmountable problem (as Zone Alarm occasionally does) then i recommend obtaining an alternate, but please don't leave yourself unprotected.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:14:19 am »
well yes there is a true point i was hoping that the user i said that to would not be relaying on microsofts firewall,

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:28:31 am »
Microsoft's firewall may not be the best, & personally I use something better, but it IS adequate, & any major holes found would be swiftly followed by huge public outcry.. & an update from microsoft fixing it..

Terry Noble

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 01:38:41 pm »
get rid of it and try another

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 11:43:47 am »
Stages To Solve WinMx Download And Upload Issues

1* Disable any Software Firewalls you may have (Windows XP Firewall, Norton, Sysgate, Mcafee)
2* Disable any Hardware Firewalls you may have (Router Firewall, Proxy Firewall)
3* If you are using a router make sure you have forwarded the prots needed by WinMx (6699,6257)
4* If none of these work give more information about your system setup and we will see if we can help you in more detail

*Edit duplicate partial post removed     BB

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 12:02:40 pm »
Note: having done the above if any of them DO solve it, then configure & re-enable said security, not a good plan to run without

There are some good guides to common firewalls in the Tutorials section, including both the XP offerings, pre & post SP2

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 08:35:34 pm »
yes the quick guide that i posted was only a temp until the user who asked for this could determine what was the problem i was not asking the user to disable all security for ever as that would be verty silly would it not

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I have a green light but can't down or upload files

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx