gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 06:30:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  A connection Problem?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A connection Problem?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Cerebral

• Forum Member
  • use the brain
A connection Problem?
« on: July 28, 2006, 03:09:30 pm »
Ok well this was only happening yesterday
My cable would slowly disconnect and my winmx primary's would slowly count down and so would my connection on wcs
but even tho when i got disconnected people would still remain in my room

i also ran into people that had a similar or if not the same problem i dunno WTF was happiening but it was getting a bit annoying

can someone shed some light on this issue?
open source all the way

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: A connection Problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 05:11:23 pm »
This sounds like typical UDP floods carried out by Cartel backed Companies.. its often picked up on pg2 and if your hosting sometimes running PG2 with the p2p list can help this not be so bad.. the good news is it leaves and goes usually just as fast as it comes..

A few days  picking on your IP then off to the next one leaving you wondering what the heck happned..

The reason folks stay in the room even tho you have lost primary connections is because its UDP and the folks in the room are using TCP to connect with you.  Its common to loose some folks from the room but not all.

KM

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:20:04 pm »
did it automatically reconnect again? if so there could have merely been a temporary connection issue, causing the primary connections on winmx and WCS to disconnect, but not long enough to drop everyone from the room (for example most people with routers if they were to reboot the rotuer they would not have anyone drop, but the network connectios would be lost after timing out)

Offline Cerebral

• Forum Member
  • use the brain
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:38:35 pm »
no it didt reconect i had to go into yast to restart my connection to get back online
open source all the way

KM

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 09:12:18 pm »
there are several things that can cause your connection to fail with multiple primary connections, often things like buggy drivers etc can be blamed but sometimes you just never find out the problem. The best thing to try is running winmx in secondary and see if that resolves or at least reduces the problem, the traffic for a chat server is much easier on network drivers etc than a full primary in winmx

Offline Cerebral

• Forum Member
  • use the brain
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 09:44:57 pm »
its not happening anymore it was only happening  yesterday

open source all the way

KM

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 03:25:52 pm »
could have been something your ISP was doing then (perhaps they were working on something) rather than WinMX then...?

Offline Cerebral

• Forum Member
  • use the brain
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 05:04:32 pm »
i dunno but it only happens under linux maybe cause its a new version?
open source all the way

KM

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 02:04:56 pm »
ahh well if it was the linux version of WCS then that's still beta for a reason ;-) and winmx under wine doesn't work properly as primary, it will typically end up disconnected after a while (normally about 12-18 hours for me)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  A connection Problem?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx