gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 08, 2024, 11:29:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMX won't connect
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX won't connect  (Read 7315 times)

mumdigau6

WinMX won't connect
« on: September 13, 2006, 08:32:07 am »
Hi,

Yesterday I installed Win MX v3.54 beta 4 on my WinXP Pro SP2 machine, but can't get pass the 'Finding network connections' and its blinking yellow light.

I'm sitting behind a DLink router with lots of port forwarding rules working properly for other programs, but WinMX doesn't get through.

Incoming TCP connections are set to port 51111, IN/Out UDP traffic to port 51112 in WinMX, so in the router's port forwarding rules, too. IP address is static (192.168.0.100). The connection is through a cable modem, therefore I choosed a primary connection to the network. The firewall (Zonealarm) has WinMX listed as super trusted and allows access to the secure and Internet Zone as well as acting there as a server. Neither firewall nor router show any log entry blocking WinMX.

At the moment, I have no clue what else I can do to have WinMX properly connecting to the net. I'm graceful for any advice I can get here.

Best regards

mumdigau6

mumdigau6

Re: WinMX won't connect
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 08:53:31 am »
Hi,

I solved the problem by reinstalling WinMX. Strange!

Best regards

mumdigau6

KM

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:35:45 am »
glad it's fixed :-)

mumdigau6

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 02:29:10 pm »
I'm not shure if all problems are gone. OK, I see the green light now, and there are also uploads. But I don't get any search results (I tried 'Beatles', and that should give lot of hits, but I don't get any). I closed PeerGuardian to make shure that it's not hindering WinMX, but that's not the culprit. Any idea?

mumdigau6

KM

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 11:26:55 pm »
are you using a primary connection?

if so that would indicate a UDP problem (you probably also can't get a channel list)

uploads working would normally mean that you had configured inbound TCP correctly in any routers/firewalls, did you also configure the inbound UDP as well? (also check for a common mistake of forwarding the UDP port, but setting the protocol as TCP)

mumdigau6

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 08:18:22 am »
Thanks for your feedback.

Yes,  I'm using a primary connection. I also forwarded the inbound UDP port correctly as far as I can see.

How do I manually fetch a channel list?

mumdigau6

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 10:25:48 am »
Click the refresh list button  in the chatroom window & you'll get a chatrooms list.

mumdigau6

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 03:22:02 pm »
As exspected it didn't work.

Obviously it is the UDP part which doesn't function properly. Also the Setup Wizard reported this when trying to establish an UDP connect.

I really have no idea what's wrong here, since the UDP rule in my DLink router looks exactly like my TCP rule which is functioning (of course it's set to 'UDP' instead of 'TCP', and the UDP port is '51112' instead of '51111' which is for TCP as being configured in WinMX).

Is there some kind of debug mode so that I can get more details in order to find out what's going wrong?

Best regards

mumdigau6

KM

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 06:49:55 pm »
do you also have a software firewall installed on your computer that could be blocking it?

mumdigau6

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:56:43 pm »
Yes. See my first post. It's Zonealarm. I can't see why it should block UDP but let TCP through. On top of that, there is no log entry which indicates any blocking.

Best regards

mumdigau6

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 07:50:30 pm »
ZA can be a bit tricky at times for unknown reasons, so maybe you should try without it running for a little while just to see if things are working without it...
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

mumdigau6

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 11:20:46 pm »
That was a VERY good idea! I stopped ZA, and  everything went fine: The Setup Wizard connection test got through, and search  now delivers tons of results.

So, how to set up ZA manually for WinMX? I'm on ZA Security Suite 6.5.737.000. WinMX is trusted 'Super',  under 'Access' and 'Server' all is set to 'allowed', 'Sending email' is set to 'ask'. There is another entry called 'WinMXKiller.exe' which I gave the same allowances, but that doesn't help either.

Can anyone successfully running WinMX with ZA Secrutity Suite be so kind and post his ZA settings?

Many thanks and best regards

mumdigau6

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 04:35:14 am »
Try removing winmx from ZA completely and allowing it again when ZA pops up asking, sometimes that helps, especially if the program has changed after an update/new install.
Maybe you should also consider using another firewall like sygate as that works much better with winmx.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

SMFLioness

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 08:20:10 pm »
hi i need to reinstall winMX and dont know how  can you please help me with this  thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 09:10:08 pm »
The easiset way to reinstall WinMX is to go to

www.winmxgroup.com/  Click on the downloads page at the top left corner..

There you  will see a few download options, choose  Various WinMX Versions + Patch.. grab that..

Then on installation choose the Version of WinMX you want and allow it to install..

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 09:11:31 pm »
go to www.winmxgroup.com  click the big link that says download winmx now.. & then run the installer
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline crazy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 05:47:35 am »
Click the refresh list button  in the chatroom window & you'll get a chatrooms list.
are you using a primary connection?

if so that would indicate a UDP problem (you probably also can't get a channel list)
I'm not shure if all problems are gone. OK, I see the green light now, and there are also uploads. But I don't get any search results (I tried 'Beatles', and that should give lot of hits, but I don't get any). I closed PeerGuardian to make shure that it's not hindering WinMX, but that's not the culprit. Any idea?

mumdigau6

uploads working would normally mean that you had configured inbound TCP correctly in any routers/firewalls, did you also configure the inbound UDP as well? (also check for a common mistake of forwarding the UDP port, but setting the protocol as TCP)

I am pretty sure your problem is with Zone Alarm.  It doesn't work well.  It will say all is well, but you can't search.   I have had Zone Alarm and never could get it working right.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMX won't connect

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx