gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 11:39:58 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  for ñòóKýçrÕôK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: for ñòóKýçrÕôK  (Read 1524 times)

Debaser

for ñòóKýçrÕôK
« on: November 10, 2006, 09:57:12 am »
Sorry but I had to make a new topic as the “New Pie Patch is Dangerous” topic was locked, and I couldn’t find a way to PM you (perhaps I need an account to do that)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your reply regarding the patch situation.

I’m not here to cause trouble, just to try and get my head round this whole patch thing.
I’m not particularly technically minded and can only believe or not believe what I am told.

In a perfect world it would be nice if everyone could just get on; after all, Joe Blogs just wants to have a useable WinMX.

I have read a lot of your posts on Vladd's site and honestly I can't think of any one of them where you have actually shown a real disrespect to anyone with a difference of opinion to you. For that you have earned a lot of respect from me.

That’s very kind of you to say that.
Obviously you didn’t read all my posts in Cesspool :), although it’s all only banter and not to be taken too seriously.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: for ñòóKýçrÕôK
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 11:14:17 am »
and I couldn’t find a way to PM you (perhaps I need an account to do that)

Yes you need an account for that.

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:25:21 am »
Hi  Debaser,
to be honest, i try not to listen to the arguments as to who's what is better etc, i have been to Vladd's site, he states his pie has peerguardian lite in it, we know peerguarding IS blocking WinMXGroup caches as i have used it myself runing tests.
eight of my regulars including two of them admin could not get in my room, five of then are in UK, two of them are in USA & one is in Australia, i turned peerguardian off and everyone entered as normal.
Vladd also states he is working with Blocktards.com, they are if im not mistaken, are on the peerguardian lists that load up tp block and have WinMXGroup caches on their list.

to sum up Pie verses DLL:
peerguardian biolt-in to block: Pie Yes ..... DLL No
turn off firewall: Pie Yes ..... DLL No
turn off anti-vitrus: Pie Yes ..... DLL No
take over your hosts file & connection: Pie Yes ..... DLL No
filter fake floods and stop riaa floodig: Pie No ..... DLL Yes
provide a stable connection to WinMX: Pie No ..... DLL Yes
has more than one cache active 25hrs a day 8days a week: Pie No ..... DLL Yes

looking into it my friend, would you want a stable patch, or a hacking trojan that commands your hosts file & connection?
i dont look at the war, i look at whats bets for WinMX and the security of my PC.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

KM

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:16:53 pm »
25 hours a day? actually technically it would be 48 hours a day, 24 hours a day of having multiple caches online, and 24 hours a day of hidden backups being there but not used which makes 48 hours a day that the caches are operated for ;-) - and there are only 7 days in a week btw not 8

and btw that pile of crap is actually set to use a list which vladd has made quite clear is for blocking anything vladd dislikes and not for blocking flooders (as demonstrated by the fact he added every US government department he didn't like, and did not add any flooders), and of course it is set to block HTTP as well, so it includes any websites vladd dislikes - then add to it the hijacking of your banks website whenever he feels like it (or any other site he chooses) so that you give your info to him instead of your bank, then he can empty your account for you... i guess he does save you a lot of time with the christmas shopping, instead of spending hours trying to decide what to get everyone you have no money left so just get them all cards

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 07:44:49 pm »
I think a sensible suggested fix for this is for the PGlite modified source code to be edited to remove http blocking, this should remove some worries of censorship and bank hijacking.

Of course I would urge folks to use the best patch available and that is currently the winmxgroup patch, why would anyone really want to use something that helps cripple the network ?

For technical info on how using a host file is bad for winmx read here

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/fake_file_info.html

Please take note you will not see anything approaching this level of technical knowledge in use by the pie teams and that displays the real reason for their refusal to use the winmxgroup solution, they sought to control the network and have failed miserably, this latest patch is amateur in the extreme and does no good for either user or network, what more can be said..

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 07:51:13 pm »
ermm.. the 25hrs a day, 8 days a week was to ladd a little humour into it sorry.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

KM

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 08:02:28 pm »
* KM thinks someone missed the talking about 48 hours a day, followed by commenting there are only 7 days a week :-P

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:45:33 am »
Sorry but I had to make a new topic as the “New Pie Patch is Dangerous” topic was locked, and I couldn’t find a way to PM you (perhaps I need an account to do that)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your reply regarding the patch situation.

I’m not here to cause trouble, just to try and get my head round this whole patch thing.
I’m not particularly technically minded and can only believe or not believe what I am told.

In a perfect world it would be nice if everyone could just get on; after all, Joe Blogs just wants to have a useable WinMX.

I have read a lot of your posts on Vladd's site and honestly I can't think of any one of them where you have actually shown a real disrespect to anyone with a difference of opinion to you. For that you have earned a lot of respect from me.

That’s very kind of you to say that.
Obviously you didn’t read all my posts in Cesspool :), although it’s all only banter and not to be taken too seriously.
There's a difference in being sarcastic and humorous as to being rude, ignorant, and obnoxious. I've seen too many people come under attack on Vladd's site simply because they expressed the truth. You have never been a part that as I have seen and that's a good thing. Join the forum, your input, be it serious, informative, or humorous I'm sure will be greatly appreciated.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 05:21:33 pm »
Welcome Debaser :)
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Debaser

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 02:28:45 pm »
Thanks, will do!!

Im moving house right now, so will register in a few weeks.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  for ñòóKýçrÕôK

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx