gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 21, 2024, 08:37:34 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pie Sending Network Alert Messages - The Plain Facts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pie Sending Network Alert Messages - The Plain Facts  (Read 1048 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Pie Sending Network Alert Messages - The Plain Facts
« on: January 17, 2007, 01:19:09 am »
Hi all I have been asked to make a post here today against my better judgment to clear up an occurance being orchestrated by Mxpie.

It seems they are using the host file update message box that points to 205.238.XX.XX to spread erroneus and disturbing news to their host file patch users.

The message claims the following:

"WinMX is being used as a tool to implement a massive DDoS attack against MXPie servers. Every person running a Primary connection is being used as an instrument in the attack. This effects all MXPie Patch, WinMXWorld/WinMXGroup dll patch, and Vladd Auto Installer Patch users. I repeat if you are running a Primary connection your computer is being used to perform this attack.

There is a tool that can help mitigate this attack and prevent your computer from further contributing to it. Peer Guardian 2 is a small application that works as a simple firewall for your computer. We have set up a tutorial on how to set it up with the lists you need to help stop the DDoS attack against MXPie servers.

Sound serious eh folks ?

Whilst it may make good press for Mxpie and much publicity for them its not actually true.

I have seen the type of attack that Sabre ( The pie cache operator) complained of months ago and can confirm to you all that no such attack is taking place, if it was it would be visible on the custom built network tools that are in my possession, they show clearly there is no attack.

What is more worrying is that users are being asked once again to help flood the network unwittingly by Mxpie's suggestion to use a "blocklist" that seems not to have any flooders IP,s in it  :? (please check the fake "Blocklists" offered by Sabre there to see for yourself.)

So what do Mxpie gain by this action ?

Many of you may not know that Sabre has been inventing stories and skulking around for gullible people to listen to him and this was the case with Blutak who decided based on Sabres and other pie supporters words to add winmxgroup and winmxworld itself to their blocklist along with all the Caches operated by winmxgroup, this then is the real reason they want folks using PG2 and its the lowest trick seen from them so far.

Whats the solution ?

The solution is we all need to redouble our efforts to increase the flow of information on why we dont want to be DDos attacked by mxpie users and suffer flooded fake files and stolen bandwidth, I hope you all view this action taken by mxpie as the attack it is on this sites supported patch and its global userbase.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Pie Sending Network Alert Messages - The Plain Facts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 01:42:29 am »
I would like to add to the solution that PG2 you should not use. Most people have not used it for months as it is not a necessity.

As with other times with rumours like these its best to check with others so that when issues do arise, it is one less trouble shooting method to go through.

Happy winmxing. :)

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 01:58:38 am »
Well i'm not really one to understand all of that cache stuff but i know that i havent been using PG2 for ages now. I have had no problems with my winmx or anything to do with winmx.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 02:15:14 am »
Thats the aim Predator to ensure a flooder free seamless experience of chat and file sharing.

My main concern is of losing users with what is another unecessary patch update or tweak that serves no purpose at all except to place the idea in your mind that they are doing something useful.

This is a public forum and as such I ask that we dont waste our time on berating pie but take more active steps to ensure no users are mislead into damaging the network, in furtherance of that please post this link explaining to users how host files allow fake files to be loaded onto winmx and network attacks made on us all.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/fake_file_info.html

The cure for their sickness lies in education, not confrontation, please remember this.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 02:40:05 am »
Im socked, Jesus christ infact its sick. why are they doing this, what pleasure are they getting out of totally ruining winmx, its sick just completly sick, Please for gods sake dont remove what little protection you are using in the pg lists for the distructive file that saber is sharing. This is a very bad day for winmx if the flooders can return by their thousands. Please folk, Dont do this to our beloved mx, somethin needs doing to stop this before we are all inundated and conencted to bad primarys damaging the network
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:10:08 am »
I think that the network needs to be split. I know many of you do not agree, but think of the benefit to a flooder free, and pie free wpn...

Best Regards, and Be Good!
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 12:49:16 pm »
Why split it..
Anyways, when people read this message, they will switch over to the dll anyways

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pie Sending Network Alert Messages - The Plain Facts

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx