gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 13, 2024, 08:17:24 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connected but then....nothing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Connected but then....nothing  (Read 4219 times)

Panzer4

Connected but then....nothing
« on: November 10, 2006, 03:24:42 pm »
I was delighted to find this place the day before yesterday, followed the instructions to remove all traces of WinMX, installed the new and improved version from here, and everything worked like a charm: connected and downloading just like the old days.  But today I started it, got the green "connected" light, entered a search for "tom petty" and got nothing but "Waiting for results..."  I tried another common search term, i.e., "beatles" and got one result.  Please help me.

Panzer4

Re: Connected but then....nothing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 03:30:12 pm »
I couldn't find the "edit" button so I'm posting this as a reply.  I changed the connection type to "secondary" and it seems to be working fine.  If I didn't already say it, thanks for the great work.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 04:43:46 pm »
I think you may need to forward your ports. Go to www.portforward.com and see your router model there. There you will see a tutorial on how to forward port in winmx there.
If you don't use opennap, then you can use the winmx 3.1 beta patch. It has a small bug that causes opennap uploads to fail sometimes. But otherwise, it' great.

https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.1-MultiVer.exe

Glad to hear you are back :) tell all your friends about it too ;) :D

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

seb

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 09:31:57 pm »
Opennap kills your download connectability.
I am using the 3.0-3.54b version.
When I started using this version, uploading and downloading was great.
esp D/L
I had set my download transfer to be able to download 25 D/Ls
The total download rate was at my total Dsl capacity 55KB/s

I then learned about openap --As soon as I implementated that (As according to the guide)
I couldn't keep my D/Ls
I'd click on files to find new sources and it would either be queued and then go red
or stay red.
uninstalled reinstalled still no luck
The finall straw was when I did searches for Fatboy slim and nothing came up.
It sat there waiting for results
I disconnected from openap and did the search again, Lo and behold loads of results came up

So there is a BIG problem with openap for me at least.  

seb

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 09:38:17 pm »
Ishould have mentioned  also that that I had this conection prob for 6 days solid
I not using a router nor is WinMX being blocked by a router.
perhaps I should use a different client for Openap network

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:14:52 pm »
Hi Seb,

The problem your describing is one that we have seen in the beta 3.1 patch that Sam  gives the link to above.  Since its almost impossible to tell without diggin deep whether you may have this version instead of the 3.0. Id like you to make sure you redownload and install the patch from here.

https://www.winmxgroup.com/ - Choose the one listed there on the front page, even as you mentioned you have reinstalled Id like to be sure if you would induldge me this and do it again from here today.

Then give OpenNap a try again and tell me if you still have this issue.
The bug is one we have had reported and is the reason that the 3.1 patch was not an official release.

Thanks

seb

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 04:57:36 am »
It was the 3.0 patch I was using> Although I not sure that Being connected to opennap was the cause of not having any D/ls.
I had probs getting any downloads,even With opennap disconnected.

P=9,S=2,SPM=18309.

B4 I started using WinMX I was using Ares, [I also used Kasey] so I am used to the way Ares works -
Onceset up your prefs; queued up your downloads; It would more effectively  search for new sources .
I did set it to 40 simultaneous transfers, also there is not as much content on the ares network
and there were many misnamed files.

It would be great if the connectivity part of WinMX was improved with less need for fiddling about once you have set it up.
The ability to manage ones DL/UL better.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 06:27:57 pm »
Hi Seb,

So is the problem still happening?

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 07:33:02 pm »
if you download is only 55KB/s, maybe while you are on primary its using to much bandwith for you to be able to make a stable connection...

Maybe am just completly off topic.. im tierd lol

Thanks me here btw :)
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 11:52:59 pm »
Off Topic Warning:

Your welcome James, and welcome to the MXHosts....

I agree for some users secondary is a faster better way to go when well configured..

seb

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 07:14:24 pm »
if you download is only 55KB/s, maybe while you are on primary its using to much bandwith for you to be able to make a stable connection...

Is 512kb/s (64KB/s) Broadband connection not fast enough for optimum speed with winmx what broadband connection speed would you consider okay to function as a primary node 1meg+ or 10eg+

seb

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 07:27:34 pm »
Hi Seb,

So is the problem still happening?

It is difficult to answer fully,
It was 3.0 patch that I was using when I couldn't download for days
downloaded from the multiversion

It downloads okay now but you have to do a lot  maintence work  eg finding new  sources  search for alternatives etc a lot.

It is also down to availabilty(Even for the rarer files, I will only download if there are a reasonably number of sources), waiting in line in the queues but with 60 files waiting for download, you would expect that there will be some that will download reasonably soon.

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 08:00:03 pm »

Is 512kb/s (64KB/s) Broadband connection not fast enough for optimum speed with winmx what broadband connection speed would you consider okay to function as a primary node 1meg+ or 10eg+

Hey Seb.. sorry if i maybe didnt explain fully.. yes 512kbs bandwith should be actually fast enough..

sinse your download is only 512kbs, i imagine ur upload is around 128kbs, primary connection uses around 7-8kbs upload.. not leaving much for uploads and downloads on a slow connection.. i wouldnt actually be able to give a recomended broadband speed, i used to be on 4mb(384kb/s UL), which could run primary fine
Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 01:34:21 am »
Seb are you limiting your outgoing bandwidth? 

If you examine the Bandwidth Throttle page closely you will note a warning from the makers of WinMX.

Includes bandwidth used by all file transfers, WPN traffic and OpenNap...

If you have a broadband connection you should set the outgoing bandwidth to about 85% of total capacity...

If you are using an ADSL connection that has very limited outgoing bandwidth (128 kbps), you may have better results with a Secondary WPN Connection.

For this reason my first suggestion is that you try a secondary connection (if your not using WinMX itself to host a room).  And see if you get better results.  Baring that I would visit the link below and see about setting up your throttles to help you in that way if you want to run as primary.

MX Central Limiting Explained

Let us know how you get along ...

seb

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 03:15:40 am »

Hey Seb.. sorry if i maybe didnt explain fully.. yes 512kbs bandwith should be actually fast enough..

sinse your download is only 512kbs, i imagine ur upload is around 128kbs, primary connection uses around 7-8kbs upload.. not leaving much for uploads and downloads on a slow connection.. i wouldnt actually be able to give a recomended broadband speed, i used to be on 4mb(384kb/s UL), which could run primary fine

my upload speed is 256kb/s ( 32KB/s) assynchronous

seb

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 03:31:29 am »
Seb are you limiting your outgoing bandwidth? 

If you are using an ADSL connection that has very limited outgoing bandwidth (128 kbps), you may have better results with a Secondary WPN Connection.

For this reason my first suggestion is that you try a secondary connection (if your not using WinMX itself to host a room).  And see if you get better results.  Baring that I would visit the link below and see about setting up your throttles to help you in that way if you want to run as primary.

MX Central Limiting Explained

Let us know how you get along ...

mine is 512kb/s D/L
The problem for me  is not how fast my downloadsare! It is the the length of time I have to wait b4 my winmx downloads start
I have 60 D/l to do
12 are remotely queued
48 are are not connected( Red)
I restarted my computer 8 hrs ago
So in 8hrs I haven't had any D/L start

I have set my U/L speed to 18KB/s

*Edit (Sam) Fixed the quote

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 04:02:56 am »
What are your Auto Enter Que settings at and your Auto Find Sources settings at Seb.

WinMX > Settings > Search > AEQ and AFS.

Also on average how many files are you sharing.. roughly?

seb

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 06:10:17 pm »
What are your Auto Enter Que settings at and your Auto Find Sources settings at Seb.

WinMX > Settings > Search > AEQ and AFS.

AEQ = 100, AFS =10

I am sharing 160 files at the moment

Also on average how many files are you sharing.. roughly?

*Edit (Sam) Fixed the quote

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 06:22:43 pm »
Kewl I just wanted to make sure you had limits set that would allow you to get into most queues and that not be whats causing the timeouts etc..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connected but then....nothing

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx