gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 16, 2024, 07:27:00 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Hello all MXers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hello all MXers  (Read 1366 times)

Offline lilbit0169

• Forum Member
Hello all MXers
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:51:01 pm »
My name is Linda. I found you all today searching for some answers to questions I had about my download. Sadly last night we downloaded Winmx from a site that charged us $40.00 for a lifetime membership that turned out to only really be 3 years, and a scam.  I found ya'll when after hours and hours pf trying to get the program to work.  Thank you to your awesome members, I was able to get the program, install it and its working wonderfully.
I calld the bank and cancelled the card, sadly they had already posted the money to the account, altho my bank placed a hold on it... they may still get the $40.00 but No more for sure,. as in the small print we  readt that if we stoped payment they would charge us another $30.00 and then $75.00 per hour we are on winmx, Im praying that was scare tactics, altho my bank assured me that no more will come off our card .
Live and learn.
We had winmx for many years and lost it in a crash, by the time i had the time to go back and find it, all the sites were saying they were shut down, and then it was a pay for site.. we just got highspeed internet and decided to get it back, as we love it.
long story short, THANK YOU ALL, for your time, knowledge, and patience, and most of all for being here, and being such a wonderfull community of folks.  I'd love to be here for a long long time, and hopefully be able to help some folks along the way as you have helped me.
*you get what you put in....... & People get what they deserve*

Luvntags
Lilbit
Linda

Offline J a M e S

• Forum Member
  • www.lovehosts.com
    • Great Web Hosting
Re: Hello all MXers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:08:47 pm »
Hey... thats sweet - i know i didnt help much (at all) i was away...

Welcome (back) to winmx and hope you enjoy every minute of it !!! :D:D

Learn From Yesterday, Live For Today, Hope For Tomorow!
www.lovehosts.com

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 10:41:02 pm »
Welcome back Lilbit0169, whilst we do our best here to steer folks away from those scam sites, many are taken in and only find out they have paid for fresh air when there is a problem.

Rest assured you cannot be forced to pay for something falsely described to you, I,m glad your confident enough to call the bluff of these scammers.

Once again welcome back and I hope you find some of your old friends here as many do  :)

Offline KittyBass

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 12:42:58 am »
Hope it works out for you, Linda. I just got back online after over 3 years and I was also nearly fooled about pay sites charging for WinMX. I thought the filesharing world had changed so much that all of the programs I used years ago. I thought to myself ´no way am I paying that! There´s bound to be a place I can find it for free.´I did a bit of surfing and a day later I found my way here and was delighted. I´m able to use WinMX better than I ever did all those years ago.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Hello all MXers

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx