gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 02, 2024, 02:29:55 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Some other issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Some other issues  (Read 4382 times)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Some other issues
« on: May 28, 2006, 05:57:20 pm »
I had many questions about mx moniter:

1.> When using MX moniter is there anyway that you can send an automated message to a leecher who downloaded from you explaining to him why he was cut off. If there is any other upload manager that allows you to do so then i will be happy to shift to that.
I am hoping that atleast some of them were legitimate users who do not know/forgot to share their files.

2.> Is there anyway you can limit the files a user queues up by their total size? Rather have 20 tracks than 3 albums

3.> Sometimes, the same user is connected to different opennap servers and downlaoads the same file twice or thrice. This not only wastes mine and his time, but also of other uploaders in my queue. Is there anyway you can cancel such repeated downloads? Mabye is the same session? It is not possible to know Id's permenantly...,.. blah blah I know that now :)
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: Some other issues
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 06:16:11 pm »
As far as I know those are all "wish list" things for a future version if there ever is one.. & you can know open nap id's permanently because of it's centralised nature, hence the permanent hotlist option on open nap... the decentralised nature of winmx prevents that for wpn users, with the advantage it also prevents the server operators being shut down in the exact same way as happened with napster, for not filtering all copyright material from user's share lists, winmx can't be forced to do that, as the capability doesn't exist, the servers only tell your client where to connect, they don't store file lists...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 06:17:15 pm »
1.> No, there is no upload managers that will automatically send a message, hence the many messages you see in users browse about they way they use moni and sharing rules they have.  It has to be done manually from your Ignore list.. which i have done on occasion.. copy and paste and send em out.. I do find folks that had no idea or were misinformed about sharing.

2.> No, the only controls you have are from you amount one user can queue at a time, and auto uploads for size or type of file.  I dont think these would help you on this particular issue.

3.> The only way to do this is by sending a message, many users feel like finding your same file on several opennap means they are going to get multisource download of it from you.  This is not the case as you know OpenNap doesnt facilitate mulitpoint downloads in any way.  The more OpenNaps your on the more times they see the file..just looks too intriguing not to try I guess.  Again a manual pm is usually the only way to solve this.. education.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 05:35:27 am »
Manual is my preferred optin too, but like many, I keep winmx on all night long. So manual is out of the question. Hence it has to be automated. So that's why i enquired.
Patch link :

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 07:50:47 am »
well you could clear ignored last thing, & message any still online from there next day, anyone who was ignored for say no share will reappear there as mxmon re ignores them, but that serves to give them second chance, not a bad thing..... (they may even mend ways & consequently get the file they wanted)

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 11:21:37 am »
1.> No, there is no upload managers that will automatically send a message, hence the many messages you see in users browse about they way they use moni and sharing rules they have.  It has to be done manually from your Ignore list.. which i have done on occasion.. copy and paste and send em out.. I do find folks that had no idea or were misinformed about sharing.

2.> No, the only controls you have are from you amount one user can queue at a time, and auto uploads for size or type of file.  I dont think these would help you on this particular issue.

3.> The only way to do this is by sending a message, many users feel like finding your same file on several opennap means they are going to get multisource download of it from you.  This is not the case as you know OpenNap doesnt facilitate mulitpoint downloads in any way.  The more OpenNaps your on the more times they see the file..just looks too intriguing not to try I guess.  Again a manual pm is usually the only way to solve this.. education.

1] IIRC, the author of LeecHammer was admantly opposed to any auto-reply of this natur4e, as he thought it would give hints to how to evade the gtrap.  I think the 'peer pressure' and/or educational value of a friendly reminder to share or not be a queue-hog is more important than trying to hide the fact that one has a leech filter running.

2] OP, the more important factor is the number of file requests in the queue - beacuse winmx aeq breaks if there are more than 100 files queued, and winmx has difficulties handling large lusts and can hang or freeze.

3] The issue with multi-source DLing from opennap is client limited, not server limited.  AFAIK, many clients, including some earlier versions of winmx [< v3.22?] have the capability to multi-source from opennap users.  The current winmx is crippled thougth in that it does not allow nick matches accross multiple opennap servers so as to apply limits for DL per user.

Offline sst75tss

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 09:58:01 am »
Quote from: Me Here

-snip-

GnarlySnarly wrote:
-snip-
3] The issue with multi-source DLing from opennap is client limited, not server limited.  AFAIK, many clients, including some earlier versions of winmx [< v3.22?] have the capability to multi-source from opennap users.  The current winmx is crippled thougth in that it does not allow nick matches accross multiple opennap servers so as to apply limits for DL per user.

My questions,,, opennap does not use the hack/hash mark to id files the way winmx does? Is it possible if the hash mark is not seen to force a multi point download through opennap?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 01:50:03 pm »
Opennap does not support multi-source downloading.
I believe that opennap does use the hash, as otherwise, they would not apper in winmx<---my opinion, can be wrong. :P Wait till someone cinfirms it

Cheers :P
Patch link :

Offline housewifespal

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 10:46:37 pm »
i can only download pictures, the videos never ever download . help me please i am using windows xp  through comcast cable if that helps

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:59:29 pm »
the fact that something downloads tells me your winmx is configured to work,
first, did you get your winmx from www.winmxgroup.com ?
if not the likeliest cause is that you're trying to download fake search results
in that case reinstall from there & all should be well
do other filetypes beside video fail?
can you for instance get mp3 files?
if so,
almost always?
or just occasionally?

if everything except tiny files start slow to nothing & stop, there may be another issue.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Some other issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx