gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 02:51:56 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  primary connection green but no search results
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: primary connection green but no search results  (Read 3184 times)

Offline wazzup

• Forum Member
primary connection green but no search results
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:18:38 pm »
hello, i have used winmx extensively and quietly, and now i cannont connect,  i have a netopia 2241n dsl router and have fowarded ports, set up a port foward manually and still i get no search results.  secondary connection works but not very well, i have centurytel, as a provider and they say they dont monitor or block traffic.  i run winxp with norton, kerio firewall, spysweeper as my main protection.  i have stopped all three of these programs and tried to connect without success.  any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.  i have the lastest version of winmx with the patch operational.  i have numerous files and not sure if that would be a problem.  i have used winmx 6 years and have never had a problem like this. 

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
Re: primary connection green but no search results
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 09:16:50 pm »
sounds like you have done a lot already to try to resolve the issue...

I would say, best bet is to come intot he help room on mx, and see what we can do. It would be easier to resolve in real time chat, and several people could throw ideas around...

WinMXWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

Hope this helps!
Be Good :)
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline wazzup

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 12:42:51 am »
Scyre thanks for your advise,  i always supported winmx and have read many of your replies,, thanks for your time and effort to make winmx our best site on the net!   i will be in the help room in a couple of days

Offline lovejoy291

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 07:46:14 am »
try adding a 1 to ur port # eg 16699 etc i change mine often as although thay say thay dont moitor or block if thay get ur port # thay sure can slow u down to almost a stop ...... try it nothing to lose  :lol:

J.L.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 03:25:59 am »
i FEEL YOUR PAIN. I RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM HORRENDOUS DIAL UP TO DSL. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. i'M EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM ON PRIMARY, NO SEARCH RESULTS
SHOWING UP. IT WORKED ON SECONDARY BUT i'M EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS ON UPLOADING. EVERYONE WHO TRIES TO DOWNLOAD FROM ME GETS TIMED OUT, BUT YET I CAN DOWNLOAD FROM THEM. THATS NOT TOO FAIR IN MY FILESHARING BOOK. i ALSO WENT THRU THE PORT FORWARDING TUTORIAL AND ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED IT, THRU THE PORTFORWARDLINK. I HAVE WINMX3.54 BETA 4 WITH UP TO DATE PATCH i THINK.
MY SYSTEM RUNS WINDOWS ME ON AN AMD K2/333 SOMETHING OR OTHER. aNY IDEAS ANYONE

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 05:11:58 am »
Just recheck if you did your ports properly.
You can check it here  :
http://winmx.dnsalias.com:801/scan.py

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 02:26:30 pm »
holy mackerel. I checked the port test and it said the tcp port was closed. so i went back and reconfigured with different port numbers for tcp as well as udp.  i just got off of verizon tech support after two hours of my system not being able to work. now its up and running again and i'm afraid to go back and readjust the port settings. i also ran port test on defaults and it still says the tcp is closed. help? thank you for your responses. J.L.

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 02:29:12 pm »
my original post, i was logged in as guest J.L. my user name is tylefouryou. so as to avoid confusing you samseesam

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 02:45:28 pm »
It is likely then that they are blocking ports to prevent P2P from working properly :(

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 12:58:31 pm »
No. I called them (verizon) and they said they are not blocking. I finally kept after it and got the ports forwarded. Third time thru this. But when I run your port test it tells me my tcp port is closed. I've used differing numbers each time. I find it hard to believe that I'm choosing conflicting #'s. One thing thats so frustrating, is that the tutorial makes it seem like a 4 year old could do this.
But then again maybe thats why I'm a tile contractor and not a computer guru. Thanx again for bearing with me. tylefouryou

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 01:46:55 pm »
Im not aware of Verison blocking or shaping traffic on WinMX so we can pretty much rule that out..

I would like to know more information tho Tylefouryou,

What modem did they give you.. name and model?
What firewalls are you using right now?
Do your uploads work now?  Are you on secondary or primary on WinMX?

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 04:20:12 pm »
Thanx for response me here! I'm utilizing a westell 6100 connected via a usb cable to computer. I dont have an ethernet card so I cannot utilize the ethernet cable. I had an old edition of free zone alarm because the older versions are the only ones that'll run on my jurassic era windows me. This morning I uninstalled it because I read somewhere around here that the firewalls can be the culprit in some cases. I went back to change the tcp port # again a little bit ago-kinda got that fingered out now but after I enable it I run the port test- and tcp still remains closed. I've tried numerous #'s there. The udp side chex out fine. I went thru another tutorial on the port forward site(setting up a static ipin windows me) I printed it out, followed steps, and it led me to believe that my connection is already setup for a static ip. so i didnt fool around in those network configuration windows. because its configured to obtain ip address automatically. Secondary is where I'm on at this point and i can download 7 get search results but i'm unsure if my uploads are functional yet I'll turn on and see if anyone tries to upload a song from me

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 11:54:55 pm »
Ok Tylefouryou,

Ive had a look over that model.. sometimes they require a LAN IP in them and that can be tricky.. this one just needs you to make sure you select the correct profile from the dropdown.. and if you only have on computer there should be only one listed.. and setting the ports is pretty straight forward.. like you said..

I would suggest maybe that you come by the help room on WinMX and let us help you in person with this problem.

You can get there by copy and pasting this into your Filter bar located at the top of the 'Chat' page:
WinMxWorld.com Help_A06F7657BABE

Then click the Join button to the right..  be patient if no one seems to be around.. we are on all kinds of schedules around the world in there..

Offline tylefouryou

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 01:15:38 pm »
I had to respond in another thread along the same lines as this one. The great news for me is now I'm up and running. Both primary and secondary are working with uploads functioning as well.  I think the culprit may have been my older version of zone alarm freeware. which i got off of oldapps site because my os is the old windows me . because once I uninstalled it, went back quadruple checked ports, settings, pies etc etc rebooted- then it started working. first upload i noticed midway thru upload said connection reset by peer. but then after that all systems go. I think my main problem now is trying to find a personal firewall(cuz I'm without one at the moment)
that one, works with my old operating system and 2 doesnt conflict with the great winmx. Also i noticed the upload setting screen said (when 2 or more downloads) adjust opennap connection
speed to 14.4. Can i adjust this up for my uploaders to improve their speed?  it seemed their uploading speeds were a bit on the slow side. Maybe due to multitasking on their end? who knows
Thanx for bearing with me and keep up the great work.......tylefouryou

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 02:04:28 pm »
Great News Tylefouryou   :D

That is basically just going to change what your speed reports as when you have opennap going.. it wont increase or decrease any actual speeds.  For a good idea of what your speeds should be set to you can visit this page when WinMX is off and other things are all off here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/scripts/bandwidth/

That will test then give recommendations on your speed settings in WinMX.

Here is a link to an excellant personal firewall that I know works with ME as I used to have that myself (evil OS but if you got to use it you  got to use it.. lol)
Sygate Personal Firewall

This one was bought up by Nortons and any new versions are by them.. basically they bought it to get rid of the competion however, its a great firewall and still works fine.  Its user friendly and WinMX friendly.  We have a guide for its use here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewalls-sygate.html

If you need anything or have more questions just let us know.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  primary connection green but no search results

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx