gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 11:25:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  stop people from uploading
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: stop people from uploading  (Read 12048 times)

Patti Ramsay

stop people from uploading
« on: July 16, 2007, 07:45:16 pm »
How can we stop people from uploading from us?

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: stop people from uploading
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 08:36:52 pm »
how do you mean ???? stop completely or cut down the number of ppl at any given time ??? please expand on your question in order for us to help you

Patti

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:55:13 pm »
To stop people from uploading all together.

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:17:04 pm »
click on library at the top of your winmx this will open your shared files list then at the top of this list there is a option to remove folder click on this and select any folders here and remove them if there is more than 1 you may have to repeat the operation over
the second option is to go to settings at the top of winmx then chose the option tab that says queuing and set the max uploads and max total uploads to 0 ....then clear any ppl in your uploads list

just one question though
why do you want to stop ppl uploading ?  it is a file share network afterall

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:22:04 am »
winmx won't let you set max uploads at less than one.. without a hack... if you don't want to share files, unshare them
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 09:14:53 am »
if you dont want to share files, winmx has a big red X up tthe top right corner that stops you uploading

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 06:56:10 pm »
perhaps they only want to chat which is just as valid reason for using winmx as any other ...... it takes all sorts to make a comunity

Offline Smitty

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 09:13:28 pm »
And then they wonder why they can't download from others. No wonder all this shit has fell apart.

Just remember, what comes around, goes around.

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 09:31:12 pm »
I think maybe before jumping to any conclusions we might ask a little bit more first like

by people do you mean a single person or specific tag perhaps...or the entire winmx community ?
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:32:07 pm »
they already answerd that by saying

Patti
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:55:13 pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To stop people from uploading alltogether

perhaps they dont want to download smitty not all people on winmx do some use it for chat only that is why i asked the question

just one question though
why do you want to stop ppl uploading ?  it is a file share network afterall

to establish if this is the case as i have seen in the past where some ppl have unwittingly shared the whole contents of there hard drive before and had no idea how to rectify this so lets not just assume the worst of them untill we know the facts dont forget a lot of newbees have no idea on the workings of winmx what so ever  .....i have had several requests in the past on how to turn it off even  :) one guy had it running a week and couldnt see how to stop it lol so there could be any number of reasons for not wanting any uploads like a real low spec pc or aincent one that they cant use for uploads or downloads etc

Offline Mizz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 11:09:51 pm »
To stop people from uploading al together

hmmmm that simply doesnt tell me she means the whole community....

it means she wants to stop people from uploading it has no specifics in it as far as i can see ;)

as i said before no need to jump to any conclusions just yet.....she might have a very valid reason that she simply hasnt expresed (yet)

all im pointing out is that by jumping to conclusions you will get nowhere....

to assume ;)  lol what did that word make out of u and me again ?

do i need to say anything more ?

Alice ;) :P
If God, in his infinite Wisdom, made me an Atheist...then who are you to Question him ?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 04:23:36 am »
This works too :
Go to the library/shared files tab and remove all the fp;ders there...
No one will upload from you as you are not sharing in the first place.

If this is not intrusive, what is the reason for not wanting to uplaod to anybody?

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline ratgirl1971

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 02:44:41 pm »
I'm trying to stop uploads from one specific user. They keep trying to get files from me, but I can't connect to them and when I send a message asking if I can download I get the message that the user is ignoring me. Is there a way to do that? I'm kind of new to Winmx so I'm sort of learning this stuff as I go.! Thanlks

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 03:13:45 pm »
Hi there ratgirl,

you could try installing mx monitor, you can get it >>HERE<<

a tutorial on this can be found >>HERE<<

Hope this helped you a little, greetings ...Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 05:49:03 pm »
You could always just right click there name use the whois function and add them to your ignore list.

Offline ratgirl1971

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 02:49:23 am »
OK-I have something weird that just started happening. Wasn't sure where to post so I thought I would try here. All of a sudden my own files pop up in both searches and uploads. How can I stop this? Thanks

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 04:43:36 am »
It's not unheard of to see yourself while doing a search... i've seen myself in searches quite a few times lol
As for seeing yourself in uploads...The only thing i can think of is that you have already downloaded the file once before and have forgotten you had it and have re-searched for this file again,and have picked yourself up as a source... I've also done this accidentally once before lol

Maybe do a search on your pc for these files and see if you already have them shared and your re-downloading them "from yourself"

If this isn't the case please post back and i'm sure somebody will have an idea about this  :)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 04:56:10 am »
Also..... the file may be named incorrectly. So you might have searched for an entirely different file,but its been incorrectly named and is in fact a file you already have (with a different name) and you've picked yourself up as a source.... make note of the downloads you have running and look at the file sizes....compare those file sizes with the 1 you see of yourself in uploads.If you see a match this would be the case.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 11:10:20 am »
This is also a known bug with WinMX v3.53, upgrade to WinMX v3.54 if it keeps happening, its really just annoying and if it is this bug its just going to well bug ya .. lol

https://patch.winmxconex.com/   - get the multi-installer here and keep it on the machine.  There are a few differences with this version you may want to have a look at this also before you switch

Differences in Versions Of WinMX

Keeping a copy of the multi-installer will allow you to switch back if you dont like the newer version.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  stop people from uploading

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx