gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 10:41:40 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Connection Issues & Preferred Peer Cache
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Connection Issues & Preferred Peer Cache  (Read 1697 times)

Asker

Connection Issues & Preferred Peer Cache
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:42:30 pm »
Would there be any point in changing the Preferred Peer Cache to anything besides North America?  I live in Canada, but I have not been able to connect to the WinMX Peer Network for 2 days.  (It was working before that). I'm still using the old hosts patch because nobody has managed an updated patch for 98/ME.  Would changing to another Preferred Peer Cache be of any help?  Is there some issue with the older hosts patch that we should know about?  Like maybe it doesn't work anymore?  Or are the connection issues related to something else?  Any and all info or tips appreciated.

KM

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 10:31:12 pm »
the first few hosts files to be circulated include one that depends completely on a single peer cache which has been effectively shut down (it responds about 10% of the time), you should try getting one of the updated hosts files with more caches in it :-)

Asker

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 01:41:11 pm »
Thanks.  Point the way to these updated host files please.  (Remember, I'm not an XP user, so the new patch isn't going to work for me.)

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 01:57:38 pm »
Nevermind, I found a hosts file that is working.  At least for now.  Thanks for the tip.

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 07:29:57 am »
Quote from: Asker
Thanks.  Point the way to these updated host files please.  (Remember, I'm not an XP user, so the new patch isn't going to work for me.)

the current PIEpatch fix hosts list [v2.6] has 5 peer cache servers:

http://www.vladd44.com/mx/piepatch.php

jammen

help
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 08:37:26 pm »
i've tried everything to connect. have installed/reinstalled all patches and host files several times to no avail. windows xp, cable, 3.54 beta, secondary behind lan using netgear wgt624 router, no addons. thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 11:38:24 pm »
Jammin,

I want you to go to here: https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/kms_patch.html

I want you to simply follow those instructions for installing the .DLL file there in to your Winmx folder.

Then go to Start > Run  type  'cmd'
then in the Dos box type 'ipconfig /flushdns'  then hit enter

Now restart your WinMX on secondary and let it connect.. give it about 30 minutes to be sure...

If your still not connected then let me know...I also would love for you to visit our room on the WinMX network, to help you configure your router to allow a primary connection so that you can help the network...

Click the chat button,, say 'yes I am not easily offended' and copy either of these into the filter bar

WinMxWorld.Com_1F6B81561A2B
WinMxWorld.Com_32D143D119CA

then click join to the right side..

This should get you where we can help you set up right..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Connection Issues & Preferred Peer Cache

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx