gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 10:35:46 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Crash Info Here
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Crash Info Here  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Crash Info Here
« on: October 10, 2005, 04:48:06 am »
If your using the ws2_32.dll and experiencing Crashes, please post your information here.

What version of Winmx?
If its 3.53 are you using the olepro32.dll patch for secondary connection issues?
What information do you have about the error that WinMX encountered?

thanks ..

KM

Crash Info Here
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 05:15:05 am »
also, don't forget to mention the patch version (ie. old one or new one... easy way to tell is by checking the text in the top left)

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
Crash Info Here
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 11:14:10 am »
Hi, as soon as I install the latest ws2_32.dll patch into the WinMX folder you guys have available along with the host list in the drivers/etc folder, I get d/c'd in about two to three minutes after starting WinMX. A Microsoft error sign pops up and asks if I'd like to send an error report. It then automatically takes me to a page saying that the error was caused by Frontcode Technologies. I have tried the patch with the original host file and have also tried it with the host list from http://205.238.40.1/hosts/hosts and get the same results either way.

I'm running an XP SP2 Home edition using WinMX v3.54 beta4. Yes, I did a dns flush before I started MX. If I remove the patch and use Vladd's PiePatch v2.6 it works flawlessly for hours. The patch you had previously to this newer one worked just fine and never d/c'd once. I'm using a primary connection with no router. There is also no other dll in the WinMX folder to conflict with the ws2_32.dll patch. For now I'll just use Vladd's PiePatch until there's a working dll patch.
To err is human, to forgive this computer... sooooo not me.

bigade1

Crash Info Here
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 11:19:16 am »
exactly same as above but using winmx v3.53

bigade1

Crash Info Here
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 11:28:49 am »
just to add I was using the first .dll last week untill the same problems started then I started using the second new one which cured the problem untill about 5ish sunday morning. I first encountered the problem of a primary connection refusal saying I had no udp port and connecting on secondary but after retrying I kept connecting on primary but the closing down issues with messages kept popping up after a min or two. Now using pie till problem sorted. XP sp2 v3.53. One more thing I have not or never downloaded a hosts file I assumed its already part of the ws32 patch. Is that correct?Checked too for olepro etc and not present in winmx directory.

bigade1

Crash Info Here
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 11:32:21 am »
and last but not least thankyou for your efforts your work is greatly appreciated and keep your pecker up

bigade1

Crash Info Here
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 11:46:30 am »
and finally i use the name i_share_if_u_share in winmx so you should be already aware from our conversation in the chatroom.

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
crash
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 12:39:09 pm »
i am getting reports from all our room members (myself included) that the new dll file keeps causing winmx to close saying its encountered a error.

i am on windows xp pro xp2 (not a copy)
i dont use a router (i am on a speedtouch330 modem   =   8meg download speed   600KB/s upload speed)
i am running winmx 3.53 with bendmx 399a2
i am connected on the pie 2.6 patch right now with no probles at all
i use norton 2005 firewall and allow connections to winmx on all ports
i am using the most recent .dll file to  but i have same problem with old .dll file now also
i use sherwood ( and not  peerguardian )
i use norton system works 2005

I HOPE THATS ALL YOU NEED?

also we have room members in movie junkies on winmx who in fact cover all types of op systems except for  98/ME   and all either use winmx
3.53 or 3.54beta4     and all are having the same problem  i am also talking about at least 50 people reporting to me the same prob and as soon as they remove the .dll file and run pie 2.6 they get connected to winmx with no problem at all

i hope this helps you all out and if you need any more info at all just ask i will be only to glad to supply it

Kayadune

Ports being hit?
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 12:35:05 am »
Yesterday evening I spent several hrs trying to get on the winmx network. The system is set up to host as a primary on the usual ports.

Within seconds (under a min) the program would crash and ask if you wanted to notify the vendor of the program and then the normal crash analysis report to Microsoft. Error reporting showed that ntdll.dll was creating the error for winmx. Also after each crash (attempting to find the problem) I had some hard drive errors. This is a new system & clean install so I know it is NOT hardware problems. Clean up the caches etc and reboot, problems gone. Start winmx and it crashes.

Finally did reinstall of winmx, then replaced ntdll.dll with the one in the service pack 2 files, but this did not help as winmx still crashed.

I found that disabling the ports in the firewall and in the program would allow me to get on the network as a secondary. Just getting on as a secondary without closing the ports, it still crashed. WinMX has been up & running all night without further problems. I will try the Sherwood program & see if this allows me to go back to being set up as a primary.

Any ideas or others that have experienced this??

Please add me to your group!
Thanks

UpDate: First I was using the ws2_32.dll module second or third version as I have been updating these as I see them. Newest was this morning 10/10/05. Sane problem, if the ports (TCP 6699 & UDP 6257) are open WinMX crashes. However if I close the ports and sign on as a secondary everything is fine. I installed Sherwood (need MSWINSCK.OCX to run) and saw how the system was being hit so fast. Have since removed the dll and installed the hosts file V2.6. I also updated TCIP.sys from 10 to 50 so my system could respond faster. This has worked! I open Sherwood first and then let MXMonitor do the rest. The normal ports are open and I can run as a server (primary) again.

Note: I do believe the dll is a more elegant solution as it should turn on and off ports with the program, where as with the HOST file, I believe there is a greater security risk. I  do know Microsoft and others would agree with me! Looking forward to a working UpDated dll. :-)

I do hope this information is helpful. I have been running some version of  WinMX for better than three years now and really don't care for the alternative BitTorent.

Thanks

bigade1 aka ishare if u .

Crash Info Here
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 01:01:16 am »
winmx 3.53 windows xp sp2 just to say same problems with all 3 .dlls - crashing after a min or two with shut down messages/error reports. At one stage found that I was using pie hosts file even after uninstalling it so d/l and replaced with original host file.exe but problems still persist. Only difference being is that only 3rd version of dll patch says patch operational but still crashes. Other 2 previous patches do not display patch operational messages at all.Reinstalled piepatch to continue but would prefer to use dll and await any developments to facilitate this.

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
    • http://www.techprocomp.com
Crash Info Here
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 01:05:26 am »
I posted in another thread in the forum, but I wanted to post here as well.
winmx is crashing constantly now.  I was getting a few hours out of it at first today, but now only a min or two.  I was using 3.53 and this afternoon tried the beta version.  I tried both .dll files with no avail.  I also replaced the "hosts" file a few weeks back when winmx first stopped working. I am using xp sp1 (its not just sp2 users)  What kind of problem is it getting? Windows can't identify it.

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
Crash Info Here
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 07:33:23 pm »
Ok...I have winmx running 4 1/2 hours now with no problem!  :D
No Crashes! :D
I have the 3.54 beta running with the newest hosts file, and the .dll file in a folder in the mx folder, I have sherwood 1.1.1 running and mx monitor 1.28b. I havn't had any problems...yet
With the dll patches and the 1st host file patch, I was lucky to get a few mins before a crash.   All seems well :)
Chick

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
Crash Info Here
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 12:51:18 am »
Not only has KM fixed the issue with the crashes he has also created a *.dll that works with your 98/ME systems so that you can get the same great speeds connecting that the WinMX once had..

The fix for the crashing and the 98/ME users patch are all in the same installer located here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/install_1.9.exe

Just follow the instructions that go along with this installation as you go. and restart WinMX...

Keep in mind that this .DLL for 98/ME has no block list function and all primary users on those systems should be using Sherwood, found in our forum under Other Software..

Thanks to KM for getting this done so that all users can get online fast and easy.

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
Crash Info Here
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 05:55:40 am »
Is he going to create a working .dll for XP users?

p2p

Crash Info Here
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 08:25:00 am »
the new patch works on all  M$ OS.

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
Crash Info Here
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 08:30:19 am »
Um... no it doesn't. Believe me, I've tried.

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
Crash Info Here
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 10:55:55 am »
20 Hours and no crash!  :D

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
Crash Info Here
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 03:02:51 pm »
If you have downloaded the new install 1.9.exe and the download was 1.32mb, and your still having a problem with crashing please post those problems in your original post.

If you havent downloaded this exe then you will continue to have the crashing as its got the modified ws2_32.dll in it...

Please clarify what you have and what your using InTheMX.. ty

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
Crash Info Here
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 06:01:59 pm »
I am over 27 hours with no crashing...
Using windows xp sp1
running winmx 3.54 beta 4
No .dll patch
Newest Hosts file
Sherwood 1.1.1
Mx Monitor 1.28b

Offline InTheMx

• Forum Member
Crash Info Here
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 06:07:53 pm »
Exactly, BigChickenChit! If I get the latest hosts file and NO .DLL then mine works fine too. I had mine up for the better part of 18 hours yesterday and today without one d/c.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Crash Info Here

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx