gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 04:27:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Sponsored Ads Own Goal ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sponsored Ads Own Goal ?  (Read 2314 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Sponsored Ads Own Goal ?
« on: July 17, 2005, 03:01:36 am »
Folks I have been noticing a few worrying items popping up on my visits to other forums, certain sponsored ads in fact  :?  

While we all are realistic enough to know that the sites cannot run on fresh air, its not so nice to see adverts for so called "downloads 100% legal" etc and  "x dollars a month fee for unlimited download".

The reason why I,m mentioning this is that on two of my favourite forums, they are advertising pay for winmx services, as you all know winmx is free so this is just plain fraud upon new users.

As both of the forums in question are always reminding folks never to part with hard earned dollars to these unsavoury folks, its a bit self defeating to actually host this advertising on a winmx/p2p forum.

What more can I say on this subject    :roll:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Sponsored Ads Own Goal ?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 10:31:59 am »
After having another think about this one folks, I see where its heading.

If forums are moving away from their traditional user base of folks to things like Bit Torrent and E-Donkey etc, they will be alienanting a core group of their users by doing so.

The reason behind this is simple, the programs that have held firm against the industry are  the chat equippped ones, with users able to pass on relevant information to each other in a true community style, this does not happen as dynamically in the 2 mentioned clients as they have no chat features of any worth.

This seems like a poor road to go down for many reasons, IPs are on public display, you can no longer say you accidently got the file after checking a listing (a useful legal defence), and also it breaks the community apart and vunerable to propaganda attacks from the Cartels.

I would whole heartedly encourage folks and forums to not go towards the annonymous and uncaring sytems, but to embrace chat functioned P2P systems, as these are  powerful voices in our P2P communities that will be ready to support us when the time comes.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Sponsored Ads Own Goal ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx