gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 28, 2024, 01:29:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Question about new 1.9 patch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Question about new 1.9 patch  (Read 2827 times)

Dwrex76

Question about new 1.9 patch
« on: October 21, 2005, 11:05:03 pm »
hello    I  just read  that for the 1.9 patch  "Another feature of the Install 1.9.exe or .dll for XP/2000 users is there is no need to run additional programs to block the RIAA, the ws2_32.dll that is installed has a built in block feature for flooding IPs"  

I  have installed this patch and  still see tons of blocked ip's  on my peerguardian 2..   All the same Fujitsu,sony,bristol,time warner and such..  Did  i install it wrong . are there settings i didnt see.. should i be allarmed. is it safe to turn off guardian.?  

thank you.
                                            Dwrex

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 03:29:06 am »
Hi Dwrex76, the IPs that are blocked by the 1.9 are purely WinMX parasites, if you use another P2P application it is recommended to use PG2 also.

Peer Guardian has a blocklist of 7 million numbers from a range of lists that can cause various IP,s to appear on the display, the ones to be concerned with are those actually attempting a TCP connection, those are the ones to worry about.
The UDP connections are like a radio broadcast in that virtually everyone gets them and they cause no harm.  :)

KM

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 05:24:16 am »
the patch blocks those that need blocking, but other programs like peer guardian will still see the connections, as they run from outside the program so as far as they are concerned they just saw a connection attempt in, they have no idea that winmx was going to close the connection straight away (effectively blocking it)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Question about new 1.9 patch

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx