gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 29, 2024, 10:31:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Mx Moniter :Ignore and clear by status
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mx Moniter :Ignore and clear by status  (Read 4710 times)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Mx Moniter :Ignore and clear by status
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:44:05 pm »
Hi
In the mx moniter settings under whois, you have 'ignore and clear by transfer status' tab. What does that mean?
Plus, you also have a winmx hack, ie to have 0 slots open. What is it and how to prevent users with that crack to download from me?

Thanks,
Sam
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

Re: Mx Moniter :Ignore and clear by status
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 05:11:13 pm »
that option allows you to ignore people with less than a certain number of transfers... it's the option to use to block people using the 0 slots thing from downloading from you :-)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 06:05:27 pm »
Alternatively LeechHammer has an option to ignore users using the 0 files hack, something i always enabled when i ran it.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 01:31:45 pm »
Let me make my question a bit clearer

Say a real user is sharing 1000 files and wants to download a file frm me. I keep the min file limit at 50. So he must have no problems with that. No his transfer status. Say he has 5 open slots. he has all of them open ie, 5 of 5. But he doesn't have anyone uploading from him. (Whatever the reason, but not that he does it intentionally.)

Can he download from me  if I enable the 'ignore and clear by transfer status'  option?

Secondly, say he has 10 people wanting to download from him so that 5 are in queue. So his status is 0 in 5. So now will he be able to download from me? if I enable the 'ignore and clear by transfer status'  option?

The reason I am asking this is that I get almost 90% of people trying to download from me reported as leechers. When I browse, some of the however, they have the valid no of files and some upload slots(but not 0).
Many of them have something like what I mentioned in case 2.

Thanks for the trouble,
Sam
Patch link :

KM

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 05:09:50 pm »
you can set that option to whatever you want, for example set it to clear anyone with less than 1 upload running - because there are people who just share rubbish files (like their "program files" directory) so that they have shared files but don't actually share anything with anyone because nobody wants "setup.exe" or whatever, and the maximum upload slots setting is so you can block people who have like 50 slots open on a ADSL line, because they are not helping to share at all if they only upload to each user at like 1k/s

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:06:33 pm »
But then doesn't that mean ligilimate users with 0 uploads won't be able to download.
I tried today by unchecking that option and got queued all day with uploads!

And I don't agree with your last point. Even if they give a bandwidth of only 1 kbps, they still are better than those with 0 files or slots aren't they?
Patch link :

KM

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 11:42:41 pm »
the maximum setting i don't use, because there are some legitimate reasons for 100 slots... for example when i run winmx on one of the servers... it certainly is not giving 1k/s to each user - however that is the original reason for it

as for clearing anyone not uploading, some people say if you have files shared then you're not a leech - my personal opinion is if you are sharing files you are not a leech - the difference being that having files in your shared files is not the same as sharing files (ie. giving others files they want) if you have files shared but nobody else wants those files, you aren't really helping to share anything are you?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 11:38:44 am »
Mabye I don't see properly (More likely that anything else ;) )
But I notice that most of the users uploading (With 0 uploads themselves and open slots) did have good files : Mp3..... video and etc. most in the +300.

The ones in the 2000+ are the ones with mostly files with many non audio video.  One more thing, in some opennap serers, i see sometimes users with 5000 + files. Are they real or fake. I have seen only 3 such users. Browses seemed ok. I saw them while they were uploading from me.

Also, when we browse fake lists, do we get the lists? I have seen many cases with my downloads from winmx where when i browse the user, I see many same named files with files sizes differing by only about 20 kb in size. I think (99% sure) that they are fake lists. But just wanted to be sure. Dl attempts always get timeout and never move beyond 0.
Patch link :

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 12:11:47 pm »
One more thing about Mx moniter. I notice that when i start it after say an hour after i started winmx, then it doesn't block the users already downloading from me. Is there anyway you can configure Mx moniter starts as soon as winmx starts? I know the other way works, but i am too used to it (3yrs :) ) to swith to mx moniter
Patch link :

KM

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 12:17:47 pm »
yes, the flooders do flood many files with the same or similar names but different sizes, this is to cause as many results to show up as possible and cause as much disruption as they can

for the mxmonitor option... i just changed my winmx shortcut so it opens mxmonitor instead of winmx, then use the mxmonitor option to start winmx automatically :-)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 05:39:35 pm »
when using MX moniter is there anyway that you can send an automated message to a leecher who downloaded from you explaining to him why he was cut off. If there is any other upload manager that allows you to do so then i will be happy to shift to that.

I am hoping that atleast some of them were legitimate users who do not know/forgot to share their files.
Patch link :

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Mx Moniter :Ignore and clear by status

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx