gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 01:25:32 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Keeps Closing Down
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Keeps Closing Down  (Read 2516 times)

Snowlove1212

Keeps Closing Down
« on: December 02, 2005, 06:22:10 am »
I have had winmx since it came out again.  Have had no problems with it till today.  All of a suden it just keep closing down on me.  I have tried downloading it again and different versions but still nothing.  Help Me i really don't know what to do. there is no problems with my pc and everything is just hte way it was but that.  HELP!!!!!!!

wateya32

Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 06:27:04 am »
This is happening to several people I know too.  We both ran trendmicro and panda active scan and all of sudden I'm getting the same problems as you.
All my peerguardian settngs were back to their default too.

Can any of the winmx gurus shed any light?  I reinstalled the 1.9 patch at the winmx group site and it seems to be fine now.  One other thing, when I went to reinstall, I wanted to uninstall first but winmx was already gone from the add/remove program list.  Very fishy.....

Snowlove1212

Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 07:04:15 am »
You are right i didn't have it in there too.  I though all the programs are suppose to be on there

wateya32

Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 08:04:35 am »
It happened again.  It was working fine after I reinstalled,but i rebooted and winmx starts, then shuts down again and it's gone from my add/remove programs.

Kadabra

Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 12:21:18 pm »
I don't have trendmicro nor panda and WinMX is not in my list either although i've just reinstalled it.

I think you should take a look here : https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1173&highlight=
Who know ?  It might help.

Anonymous

Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 06:17:44 pm »
i was having the same problem i then used the piepatch and deleted the file folder with the dll file and been up sense yesterday afternoon

Kadabra

Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 07:26:21 pm »
I might try...

But, i'm not sure when...

Offline Rittings

• Forum Member
Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 07:35:57 pm »
tried the pie patch myself... not sure which dll file you are talking about.. .will try if you post a link...

But I have same problem

Offline Rittings

• Forum Member
Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 07:40:51 pm »
Any chance of a mod or someone who knows what they are doing attending to our little problem here? hehe

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 08:18:29 pm »
Hi Ritting, as only a few folks are able to help on this problem we have them all looking into it and searching for the common items to narrow down what the problem could be.

Earlier on today the 82 cache was down for a while and this could have impacted on some older dll/host file users.
We have also noticed the pie group are suffering a similar problem with there 205 cache completely offline also, not believeing in coincidences I suspect some new annoyance from the recording industry is behind this and so we are gathering data on causes and effects of the problem to isolate something to help folks, the advice for now is to make sure you have the most current patch of the type you use, for the dll that is this one.
https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-1.9.exe

For 98/ME secondary users on 3.53 please make sure you also have the anti crashing patch installed for that version

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Patch/olepro32.dll%20(Mk%202).zip

To be on the safe side users can also run peer Guardian2 to counter any strange connections that may be taking place.

http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

We are looking hard at these problems but by their very nature we cannot make winmx crash on demand for us so please bear with us until any problems are identified and resolvesd.

Thank you for your patience folks.

Offline Rittings

• Forum Member
Keeps Closing Down
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 11:14:14 pm »
Much appreciated GhostShip.... I believe that the riaa are at it again though... pains in the rear end that they are...

Hope we can get this fixed soon though...  But I get the feeling that they won't stop until this is all over! hahaa....  Maybe there is another way....  the internet is only controlled in certain areas...

We all know that the IRC is pretty much unregulated... but what if there were another... a place where it was impossible to regulate...

hehe Just my head ticking on ideas.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Keeps Closing Down

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx