gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 11:21:12 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Waiting On Incoming Connection?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Waiting On Incoming Connection?  (Read 1553 times)

Katwoman

Waiting On Incoming Connection?
« on: December 06, 2005, 05:37:35 am »
Hi,

Here is my problem, my WinMX has been working, but the last few days, I can't seem to get past Waiting On Incoming Connection, then it turns red and that it that. What could have changed to cause this? I am using the -user command also. Thanks for any advice. :)

Have A Great Night,
    Katwoman

Katwoman

Re: Waiting On Incoming Connection?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 01:18:11 am »
Quote from: Katwoman
Hi,

Here is my problem, my WinMX has been working, but the last few days, I can't seem to get past Waiting On Incoming Connection, then it turns red and that it that. What could have changed to cause this? I am using the -user command also. Thanks for any advice. :)

Have A Great Night,
    Katwoman

It just me again...and I am still having the above problem, can anyone tell me what else I might try, been trying for 2 days and can't seem to load anything. Thanks in advance.

Katwoman

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 01:39:33 am »
HI Kat,

Well it sounds like either your having bad luck getting files to download, unlikely its all luck or surely somthing would squeek through.  My first though is the XP firewall, if you normally use this then make sure your ports are set in the exceptions correctly,  If you dont usually use this firewall make sure it hasnt enabled itself with updates or something.  Very common to block your use of MX.

If I remember correctly there was no router, just your new cable modem, so that shouldnt be a problem, please correct me if I am wrong about the router and we can look at that as a possible cause.

Holla back girl ... :wink:

Katwoman

Hi
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 02:22:27 am »
Hi again, U have a very good memory. :) No, I am not using a router, just the cable modem. The only firewall I have would be XP as U said, it never has stopped anything before, but for days now, all I am getting is incoming, then turns to red. It is also happening to everyone that trys to load off of me, I noticed they are getting same thing. Okay, so walk me thru again, what do I need to change or check. :)
Thanks Again,
Kat

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 02:43:37 am »
Hey Kat,

Okay well this doesnt sound good, we need something to be blocking or have changed.. but eh.. this cant hurt thats for sure

Follow this link and choose the XP you have meaning Service pack 1 or 2, then make an exception for WinMX.
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

You can find the ports that WinMX uses in Settings > Incoming TCP ... this is usually 6699, although especially for Cable users I suggest using something less likely to be filtered by your ISP.. like 1720, 1035, 3339.

Then look at IN/OUT UDP in WinMX this one should be 6257 by default.. also a good idea to change this one .. any of the above numbers can be used for this also,, just so they are two seperate numbers.

There is also a list of number you can use here:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206

I mention this because its not uncommon to wake up one day and WinMX just doesnt work, and after hours upon hours and changes upon changes you discover its your ISP, Cable especially, As often as you visit us here I am sure you have seen some of the information.  

So its just a good idea for now to make these changes to new ports in my opinion, while your messing wif them anyway..
If I have added confusion to this.. sorry just let me know and I will try to be more clear.. also get back to me after you have configured these things and let me know how u is.. :D

Katwoman

Okay I'll Try LOL!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 02:48:23 am »
Okay, I am gonna try all that U have said above and see what happens. Remember, I am rather dumb at this whole port and stuff setting...LOL!! Thank U for being so patient with me. Will get back to U and let U know what happens.
Thank U once again. :)

Smiles,
Kat

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Waiting On Incoming Connection?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx