gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 01:25:23 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  program close unexpectedly after a while
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: program close unexpectedly after a while  (Read 2363 times)

viatrento

program close unexpectedly after a while
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:14:36 am »
Hi, I am using WinMX v3.54 beta 4 with WinMX Monitor on Win2000. WinMX often shutdown after some hours of normal running. Is this a known bug. Thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 02:31:30 pm »
Hi Viatrento.

Could you give me a bit more information on this.

What Patch are you using?
What version of internet Explorer are you using, and have there been any additions like tool bars, search bars etc.. added?

Have you gotten any microsoft updates recently?

hi

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 06:26:25 pm »
sudenly one week after starting using winmx perfectly i have the same problem. i use 3.54 beta without the use of any tools and windows xp. I receive an error message asking me to report it at microsoft!! The problem appears when i try to browse somebody or even whille i simply download.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 07:23:07 pm »
I am having the same problem and I don't think that is has to deal with the Internet Explorer because I can connect using my bot. I don't know what I'm doing so a little help would bright up my day.

Using
1.9 Patch from www.winmxgroup.com
Windows XP
WinMX v.3.54 Beta 4
Internet Explorer 6
Behind a router but everything configured properly.

tarl

winmx error shutting down
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:00:18 pm »
have same problem started 36 hours ago and is getting worse in amount of time it takes to shut down program has gone from 60 minutes down to 2 minutes before shutdown
program has also disappearered from a/remove menu
also have problems with viewing programs locking up dont know if has anything to do with winmx problem but thought i would add to mainly a picture viewer and windows media player
am going to strip winmx from comuter and reinstall a older copy and see what happens from there
 wish me luck

schrikg

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 08:02:19 pm »
I too for a few minutes ago.
A restart of the computer didn't help but now it is working good.

copy/paste from above :)

Using
1.9 Patch from www.winmxgroup.com
Windows 2000
WinMX v.3.54 Beta 4
Internet Explorer 5 (I use firefox)
Behind a router but everything configured properly.
Running as a prim. connection.

schrikg

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 08:10:27 pm »
I tried another machine and it also stops after a while
I tried sec. connection, same problem

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 08:37:12 pm »
I posted in another thread regarding some of the caches being down today and hope thats the cause of this problem as it does seem rather widespread for anything else to be the cause, so far this seems to affect all patch types and all winmx versions if posts are anything to go by so I hope that is the root cause of the problem, but we are looking deeper into this for any other possible problems, staff being limited it may be a while until any general solution is posted here but we will devote as much time to this as it requires, and will let folks know of any news and advice as we gather more info on the root causes.

schrikg

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 08:45:25 pm »
I'm now trying the unpatched version with peerguardian and the hosts file
It working good now.

tarl

winmx errors shuting down
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 09:01:18 pm »
totally remove new version replaced with beta version same problem 2 mintutes max before error returns also cleaned out regestry as well so am perplexed as to whats problem .
hope some one can help thanks

viatrento

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 07:00:06 pm »
First thing some info as requested: downloaded WinMX + Patch by KM v.1.9 as of 11/10/2005 from the WinMX Italian web site (https://www.winmxitalia.it/)
My pc's OS: Windows 2000, version 5.0; Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800.1106 upd. sp1 (btw, why did you require this info? I do not understand its releevance). No recent additions (tool bars, search bars etc..), no recent updates.

Something I noted: when WinMX start it loads only a part of the INCOMPLETE files present in the INCOMING FILE FOLDER, so I click on LOAD INCOMPLETE and then tag these files with AUTOFIND SOURCE and AUTOENTER QUEUE (e.g. 30m - 100). I noticed that if I don't do that the program does not shut down (but obviuosly in this case I have lesser files in queue). I have now reduced the number of files in the INCOMING FILE FOLDER and the problems seems to present with lower frequence.

Does this help to understand the problem? (Ciao & thanks!)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 09:19:11 pm »
Ciao Viatrento,

There are many things that can cause WinMX to error and shut down for you.

One of them is running IE beta version 7.0, this is in its beta stages and beacuse at the top of your WinMX you see a message "Patch Operational" this means that the ws2_32.dll patch is using IE to give you this.  There is a known bug with IE Beta 7.0 amd the dll patch, and since this is in beta stages we are not working on finding and fixing that at this time.  This is the reason for that information.

Another reason that could cause your WinMX to crash is certain incomplete files.  The files are usually movies but can be mp3 or other file types, they are fake files however, instead of not downloading they have a warning message on them if you preview it, they find so many sources so fast it causes your WinMX a buffer overflow attack and causes it to crash.

I supect but  cant be completely certain, that you may have one of these incompletes in your files.  I have experiened this first hand and if you do have one you will notice that when you find sources on it, you may get as many as 200 sources in a few minutes..less then one is some cases.  If it contiunes to download for you, you may find that these files (IF they do start to download) will come in a HIGH Speeds, for example 100 kb/s or more.  

You can find this file by loading your incompletes, setting them all to find sources NEVER.  Then one by one click the find sources now option.  As you go through, I assure you that if you have one of these files the amount of sources it finds will alert you to its presence.  If you find this file that is like this its best to delete it and start looking for that file again using the filters to search, we talk about here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/filtering_fakes.html

Let me know if this helps you please..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  program close unexpectedly after a while

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx