gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 07:16:40 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Connections
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Connections  (Read 1539 times)

mancam

Connections
« on: December 03, 2005, 09:29:12 pm »
I am also having upload and download problems everyone who tries to upload gets timed out or disconnected imediately after starting the transfer
I'm using XP Pro and Norton internet Security 2003and everything is configured correctly I know this because all my other peer to peer programs are functioning just fine
My ISP is Shaw Cable
Any ides what else i can do
Thanks

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Connections
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 10:19:09 pm »
Try changing the ports WinMX is using & updating your router config to match.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

frustrated

Connections
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 05:07:03 pm »
I have been having trouble with this for a while now. I have tried everything I can think of. Just found this site a few days ago. Since then I have patched back to 3.54 and read a lot of posts and tried all suggestions that seemed relevant. Still no luck! I even patched my OS to XP sp2 hoping that would help, no such luck.
I have a DI-604 router and have port fowarding configured.
XP firewall is off.
Some lucky users can download, must just timeout.
All help is appreciated.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Connections
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 06:02:08 pm »
Hi Frustrated,

Welcome to the site.  The fact that some users can upload sounds a bit like your ISP may be involved.  Now that is not for certain but its possible.

On the DI-604 did you forward two seprate ports for WinMx, TCP and UDP?

Also who is your ISP?

Do you have Norton 2005 Antivirus installed?

Let us know these things maybe we can get ya helped.
If its your ISP, we will probably have to try changing the ports that WinMX uses.. this would mean reconfiguring the DI-604 and firewalls, and not just any numbers work, we have a few suggestions that have worked for others..

still Frustrated

Connections
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 08:06:44 pm »
yeah I have forwarded 2 seperate posts as listed in the help files,  6699 TCP and 6257 UDP. I have gone through the setup wizard, and it tests successfully.
No, don't use Norton, I have McAfee 4.5.1sp1, and it shouldnt be touching any Internet traffic.
And my ISP is Optimum Offline.
as a quick FYI, I am a technical professional. I support 2k/2k3 servers and applications for a living. I have suspected that my ISP made changes. I had no trouble till about a month or 2 ago.
Thanks for all your (and the documented online) help.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Connections
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 09:58:05 pm »
Well as you know there may be no way to absolutely prove its the ISP, and I did come up with a list of ports that might work for you if they are shaping your p2p use, which I suspect they are.  

Most of the software they use to do this works on the headers that WinMX puts out, however we have found  that there are some ports they dont bother to read this from.. at least at this time.

Here is the link to the list:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1206.0.html

The only way to be 100% sure in my book is to install a cheap dial up modem, head over to Juno, which offers a free 10 hours dial up a month and see if this makes a difference..

I can get ya that link if you are interested in that... Otherwise my advise is to play with your ports as I am quite sure with your expertise and knowledge that your set up is not at fault here..  :roll:

Let me know if you have any luck with those or if there is any other information that we can provide for you on this or any other matter..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Connections

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx