gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 09:10:16 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  something is going on
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: something is going on  (Read 3355 times)

twoflowers772

something is going on
« on: January 02, 2006, 07:45:41 pm »
i am runng a primary connection,but no secondary users are linking...problem has started in the last few days....p=5 s=0 spm=6071
open nap no probs,router and port forwarding ok,....any ideas welcome

Lil Bit

something is going on
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 07:59:01 pm »
:?: I dunno, my secondary works well, but i have major lag on primary so never use it. I don't know what might be causing that.  :?:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
something is going on
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 09:20:51 pm »
We are seeing a lot of traffic from the MVSN ( who work for the recording industry), but its nothing to be alarmed about.

The amount of flooding on the network can often disrupt your connections and sometimes affect queing etc but until we can convince many more folks to use protection we will have to bear with it for now, although with Xmas over it normally calms down a little.    

Folks are monitoring activity across the netwok so rest easy, we will let you know if some new dirty trick appears.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
something is going on
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 09:21:47 pm »
Two Flowers,

What patch are you using please.. ?

funk 48614

download/upload trouble
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 10:49:05 pm »
I have installed the new patch from the above link. Today, I cannot even get a list of what I'm searching for. Other times I can start uploads and downloads but they stop after a few minutes. First the byte column stops and then the selection turns red. The meesage usually says " Connection reset by peer" or "connection timed out". Any advice. I am not very computer savvy.so go easy on me! Thanks!

funk 48614

something is going on
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 11:11:35 pm »
Anybody? Help?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
something is going on
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 11:24:25 pm »
Hi Funk,
Welcome to the site..

Ok this may be a port problem, so do you have a router, or using a firewall that could be blocking or limiting your downloads and uploads..

Also what is your ISP?

funk 48614

something is going on
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 12:17:24 am »
Thanks for the reply. As far as a router is, I don't know what a router is ! lol I have winmx listed as as an exception in the firewall. My isp is Rogers in Ontario, Canada. As far as ports are concerned, my settings say the incoming is set to 6699 and outgoing is set to 6257. I don't know anything about it really, so please excuse my ignorance. I appreciate the help. I love using winmx but have been unable to for quite some time. Thanks, You There!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
something is going on
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 01:30:50 am »
Funk Rogers is more then likely the guilty culpret.. they are throttling your p2p use.  Thats the bad news.. the good news is we are having success with changing the ports that  WinMx uses..

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1044
This is more information on the Rogers Cable activity

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1206
THis is a list of ports you may wish to use..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/changing_port_numbers.html
This is a tutorial on how to change the ports..

Remember that if you have set ports in a firewall they may need to be changed to the new ones you choose..

Let me know how if this helps..

funk 48614

Thanks Me here
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 02:31:21 am »
I will try these solutions and report back tomorrow. Thanks very much!
Others have suggested it may be Rogers too. Oh well. Figures...Thanks again.

Twoflowers

patch
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 05:58:29 pm »
Quote from: Me Here
Two Flowers,

What patch are you using please.. ?

i am now using winmx world patch..but had same problem with vladd44

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
something is going on
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 06:56:01 pm »
Two Flowers this sounds like a port issue,

This can happen for a few reasons, the things I would suggest are these...

First check your XP firewall is not been enabled, (if you normally dont use it), and if you do use it normally make sure the ports that are set in it match those your WinMx is set to use also.

If this is all in order, boot down the computer and unplug the router for one full minute, sounds crazy but some routers fail and a reset seems to be helpful, especially when  its a sudden problem.

The last thing is to make sure that an update of your firewalls or antivirus have not blocked WinMx, go through those and make sure WinMx is still set as allowed application on those programs.. and get back to me on this..

twoflowers772

ports and firewalls
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 08:29:55 pm »
everything checks out fine connecting now as a secondary user ,still same problems as a primary...

twoflowers772

up and running
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 09:14:03 pm »
got the port forwarding confused with two ip addresses....now working again as a primary..rock on winx

funk 48614

Still down!
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 10:42:44 pm »
Hi again, Me Here,

Took the advice you gave last night and after changing portsand using some of the ones recommended, I've had no real success. The same thing happens. Up and downloads start but crap out shortly after. I watched my bandwidth during the process of up and downloading before and after making port changes. It got as high as 14000 incoming at one point but, it always plummets shortly after activity begins. Some of the changes in ports made searching elicit no results at all. I listed ports as exceptions in the firewall each time a change was made as well. I have what's called Rogers High Speed 'Lite' service. It worked slow but just fine before things got ugly there in around September.

Should I continue to change ports ad nauseum and expect results eventually?

Is Making up port #s a feasible thing to try (0 - 66000 something)?

Any other advice?

Thanks for the help. I did some reading and learned a few things. Cheers!

Anonymous

something is going on
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 12:03:41 am »
Me Here

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Still down!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again, Me Here,

Took the advice you gave last night and after changing portsand using some of the ones recommended, I've had no real success. The same thing happens. Up and downloads start but crap out shortly after. I watched my bandwidth during the process of up and downloading before and after making port changes. It got as high as 14000 incoming at one point but, it always plummets shortly after activity begins. Some of the changes in ports made searching elicit no results at all. I listed ports as exceptions in the firewall each time a change was made as well. I have what's called Rogers High Speed 'Lite' service. It worked slow but just fine before things got ugly there in around September.

Should I continue to change ports ad nauseum and expect results eventually?

Is Making up port #s a feasible thing to try (0 - 66000 something)?

Any other advice?

Thanks for the help. I did some reading and learned a few things. Cheers!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  something is going on

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx