gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76791 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 29, 2024, 02:27:39 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  leechammer says winmx is not running... it is
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: leechammer says winmx is not running... it is  (Read 4731 times)

Offline fish628

• Forum Member
leechammer says winmx is not running... it is
« on: November 06, 2005, 02:21:08 pm »
just installed leechammer and set up according to tutorial.
the mx button is greyed out, and the display says winmx is not running, but it is.
shouldn't there be somewhere to assign a path to leechammer for starting winmx? how does it know where to find it to launch it?

should i have set up leechammer with winmx running (set up said close everything)?
...<><
WinXP sp3
Cox Cable
WinMx v3.54 beta 4
Primary
AVG
wired to D-Link DIR-615

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 05:13:59 pm »
Normally yes the LeecHammer looks for a standard for the WinMX.exe file which is C:\Program Files\WinMX\WinMX.exe

If you have a different file path that is the only reason I can think of for it not to be able to find it.  

I dont use LeecHammer myself so will do some looking into the set up to see if there is a way to force it to find your WinMX or allow you the option to start MX with the LeecHammer.

Offline fish628

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 01:42:32 pm »
some how i managed to get leechammer to actually monitor yesterday (not sure how!), but that was the only time. mx button was still greyed out.  i had to do a reboot for another reason, and now, leechammer again says winmx is not running when it most certainly is.
i double checked and  found C:program files/winmx/winmx.exe
C: program files/leechammer/leechammer.exe

so all that should be correct.

the brief time leechammer was actually monitoring, it seemed to function as advertised. but now its back to "winmx not running"
...<><
WinXP sp3
Cox Cable
WinMx v3.54 beta 4
Primary
AVG
wired to D-Link DIR-615

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 03:06:28 pm »
Fish can you give me the link you used to download this version you have please.

I would suggest you redownload it myself using this link:

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/LeecHammer/LeecHammer%201.2%20(For%20WinMX%203.53)%20-%20120704.zip

let me know how this does for you.

I suspect you may have a version that was only a upgrade and not a complete installation

fatcat5333

LeecHammer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 03:30:23 am »
at morning time today, aussie eastern summer, the leecHammer server appeared down, was only gettin a 404...

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 05:28:34 am »
Seems hes thrown in the towel possibly on the site..

All links on our site that I know of have been changed to the Archive for downloads. This program doesnt require the original site to work and if anyone would like to use it feel free to grab it from here.

LeecHammer

Offline fish628

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 09:46:29 am »
actually me, i did go and get another installer from the archive page and ran it (just reinstalled over the other, perhaps i should uninstall and reinstall?) but at any rate, i still can't launch winmx from leechammer, but at least, each time i start leechammer now (after starting winmx) it does seem to be "connected" and monitoring

i may leave well enough alone for now... but i'm thinking that i should just completely remove it, then install from the archive link....
...<><
WinXP sp3
Cox Cable
WinMx v3.54 beta 4
Primary
AVG
wired to D-Link DIR-615

guessed

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 11:08:23 am »
Quote from: Me Here
Seems hes thrown in the towel possibly on the site..

All links on our site that I know of have been changed to the Archive for downloads. This program doesnt require the original site to work and if anyone would like to use it feel free to grab it from here.

LeecHammer

https://www.winmxworld.com/goodies/uploads.html

"You can download LeechHammer from The LeechHammer website" <--- linked to the now defunct http://www.smartgamez.org/

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 01:23:00 pm »
Thanks Guessed for pointing that out to me, I shall get that link fixed, we where just saying today that we needed someone to go and check that the pages are all up to date.. :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  leechammer says winmx is not running... it is

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx