gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 07:33:37 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  WinMX-2.0 'problem'?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX-2.0 'problem'?  (Read 1804 times)

Wowbagger

WinMX-2.0 'problem'?
« on: January 10, 2006, 07:36:04 am »
I removed  v3.54 beta 4 installed WinMX-2.0(2)... And it still shows v3.54 beta 4... But now with 'Current blocking flooders to protect the network'? Thinking I'd screwed up somehow; because WinMX still showed the v3.54 beta 4, I clicked on the  'Current blocking flooders...', and tried to install the 2.0-noMX but got a 'winMX/ws2_32.dll?

I guess at this point I should fess-up and mention that I do have a brain injury which makes all this a bit much... be that as it is... what do I do now please anybody  :?:

Syk

WinMX-2.0 'problem'?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 07:56:29 am »
I also just tried the 2.0 no MX, and got the error writing ws 32 dll... exited MX in the systray and tried again, but still got the error. Help?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
WinMX-2.0 'problem'?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 01:19:01 pm »
Wowbagger,

That is just a message that means you doing your part to protect the network, meaning the patch your using is blocking flooders.  You dont need to download anything else all is fine.

Syk,

If your getting that message its usually because WinMx is still running, shut it down and retry.

Syk

WinMX-2.0 'problem'?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 03:19:21 am »
Ah yep, working now =)

Anonymous

WinMX-2.0 'problem'?
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 06:27:44 pm »
I installed the 2.0 patch, and was pleased to see the currently blocking flooder message.  :lol: But mx has crashed a number of times, though it may be that it was my IP, and not really mx that crashed. However; a couple times when i got back online, the entire message area was blank, like now. There is no message that says the patch is operational or currently blocking flooders message.  :(

Labman

WinMX-2.0 killed IIS?
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 04:48:03 am »
Since installing the winmx-2.0 patch to 3.54 beta, my IIS on the same computer is refusing connections. I've uninstalled WinMX, but still have no local server access. How can I back out the changes made by the patch? Windows Restore was not running. :-{

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
WinMX-2.0 'problem'?
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 09:43:35 am »
As I understand it the patch makes no changes to your system, other than to place itself in your winmx folder. assuming WinMX is currently uninstalled, simply deleting the winmx folder (if still present) will reverse them.  If that fails to sort the issue out, then it is unrelated to the patch, & just coincidental timing.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
WinMX-2.0 'problem'?
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 11:58:56 am »
Guest.

That message should come back as soon as you restart WinMx.

Labman,

Try installing an original hosts file back to the system.  Its possible that another patch could have changed it, or something has gone wrong there.

Bearded is correct, our patch doesnt change system files.

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/original_hosts_file.zip

Depending on your operating system this will go into the Windows\system32\drivers\etc folder of XP or
Windows\   for 98.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  WinMX-2.0 'problem'?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx