gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 04, 2024, 11:19:53 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: sbcyahoo blocking winmx?  (Read 1636 times)

winmxfan2005

sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« on: December 23, 2005, 10:08:34 pm »
i have sbcyahoo as my ISP and have always used winmx with no connection problems until about 1 week ago when suddenly people became unable to upload from me,although i can download fine.my dsl modem/router is configured to accept winmx,so i suspect that sbcyahoo has started blocking some winmx ports.i was wondering if there were other sbcyahoo customers having this same upload problem,and if they or anyone can help me solve this problem because i'm not particulary computer literate and want to share!thanks in advance(p.s..almost forgot,in case it's important,my dsl modem/router is 2wire)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 10:17:39 pm »
WinMxfan,

As far as I am aware at this time there are only a few dsl companies that are engaging in this practice..SbcYahoo is not one of them to my knowledge..

So the first thing to be sure of is that your router is configured properly.. now the ports I realize can be set and the router still not be quite right.. because once in a great while when you boot everything up the router assigns a new Internal IP to that particular machine. This is often the culprit of this problem your describing.  

You can find out what a machines internal IP is by doing the following, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command/MSDos prompt, in the box type in 'ipconfig' for getting the ip of one machine.

Make sure that is still matching up with what you have in the router.. if it does match..sometimes rebooting the modem might help or deleting your previous rules and remaking them too..

Also any recent changes such as firewalls., updates from microsoft or new antivirus..?

winmxfan2005

sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 10:13:24 pm »
only change is a different computer,but i still have the same settings setup that has always worked fine in the past.i've tried other port fotwarding and all looks well but the problem persists.it shouldn't(to the best of my limited knowledge)matter that this is a different computer with the same modem/router i've always had,but since that's the only thing that's changed and the problems never occured until i had this computer it's looking more and more that somehow this is the source of the problem.but how to correct it i have no idea.the OS is XP2,sp2,and as stated the modem/router is 2wire,i don't know much about these things,but i sure miss being able to share.anymore suggestions/help much apreciated,thanks again

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 11:17:35 pm »
I know this sounds like a dumb question - but did you disable the xp firewall (which is enabled by default) ?
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

winmxfan2005

sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 04:42:26 pm »
not a dumb question at all,as i had a similar thought.but,alas,it made no difference :(

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 06:23:42 pm »
Then Me is right - you need to check wether the internal ip of your new pc is the same as the old one. The ip is kind of like the postal code for your pc, so if it is wrong all the traffic packets won't reach you :)
So do as Me said above or if you're using your network card to connect to the modem you could check in the properties of that as well. The ip of your computer needs to match the ip adress in all the rules you made, if not you need to reconfigure the router or assign a new ip adress to your computer.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

cadillaczack

same problem
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 02:54:42 am »
I was very happy to get my winmx back after a 4 months, but I am having the same problem as winmxfan2005. I, too have SbcYahoo, but am running Win98, with the 2wire router. I am running a primary because I can't pick up anybody on secondary where I'm at. My downloads go ultra-smooth, but nobody can upload from me (they time out) and it also seems that secondaries can't connect to me either. This drives me up the wall because I have a ton of ultra rare songs that nobody can get access to. This in my second day of being back on the WinMx network. I think this may actually be a SBC problem. Somebody please help me out too!!

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 03:10:47 am »
cadillaczack

Do you have your ports forwarded in your router correctly?

cadillaczack

sbcyahoo
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 04:01:13 am »
Wow! Thanx for the fast response. Yes the ports are correct.

cadillaczack

sbc yahoo upload issues
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 04:27:57 am »
ran shields up on my computer.... said my ports were "stealth"... now my own mp3's show up on the download screen (as if i can download off my own computer)... is there some kind of crazy conflict going on? I ran WinMx with  DSL with no problems before WinMx was shut down in Sept.  Nothing has been changed since. I even still had WinMx on my computer, hoping that one day it would funtion again.... lo and behold....

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 11:39:26 am »
Cadillaczack,

Can you tell us a bit more

What ports are set up on WInMx?
What ports and how are they listed on the router?
What version of WinMx are you using?
What patch do you have?
Also what firewalls and antivirus do you use?

cadillaczack

finally
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 12:47:52 am »
Was finally able to figure out the problem - it was a program conflict. Now I'm a 24hr primary connection. Thanx for the help! 1000+ more songs now available for downloading

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
sbcyahoo blocking winmx?
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 12:55:14 am »
Awesome!!   :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  sbcyahoo blocking winmx?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx