gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 05, 2024, 05:21:27 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  The answer to every WinMX user's prayers!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The answer to every WinMX user's prayers!!  (Read 1113 times)

PeterPiper

The answer to every WinMX user's prayers!!
« on: January 17, 2006, 07:15:28 pm »
Moving on from our fascinatiung discussions about port mapping my router, I have discovered something taht I think is sensational.

Download TCPView from www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

It's a fabulous program that shows in real time the ports that are being accessed on your system and resolves the source DNS into a domain name more often than not.

This can really show you what's happening.

In fact, I'd like to know what these strange, WinMX related accesses are on ports that are nothing to do with my 1720/3339 set-up.

Why are ports 1694 & 1565 being accessed - can anyone tell me?

Anyway, you've just got to get it!!!

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
Re: The answer to every WinMx user's prayers!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 03:08:47 am »
Quote from: PeterPiper
Moving on from our fascinatiung discussions about port mapping my router, I have discovered something taht I think is sensational.

Download TCPView from www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

It's a fabulous program that shows in real time the ports that are being accessed on your system and resolves the source DNS into a domain name more often than not.

This can really show you what's happening.

In fact, I'd like to know what these strange, WinMx related accesses are on ports that are nothing to do with my 1720/3339 set-up.

Why are ports 1694 & 1565 being accessed - can anyone tell me?

Anyway, you've just got to get it!!!

Try taskinfo - it gives all of this and MUCH more, like upto 12? graphs of system funcions like CPUsage/process, TCP in and out, File writes and reads, RAM in use, Virtual MEM and SWAP files, and it shows all of the processes running on your system, even the backdoor trojans that hide from M$ task manager.

TaskInfo

My firewall also provides this detailed netstat information, without links to the process controling the ports.  maybe your does too.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  The answer to every WinMX user's prayers!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx