gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 09, 2024, 07:23:51 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  some kind of distortion?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: some kind of distortion?  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Sophosaurus

• Forum Member
  • <see - i'm the witty comment>
    • Online-Magazin Tagesgespraech.EU
some kind of distortion?
« on: October 05, 2006, 10:59:51 pm »
I'm using 3.54b and patch 3.0 on an adsl line with a devolo microlink router, portforwarding is set up as it should and this configuration works fine for nearly half a year without any changes.

The last 24 hours i lost my connection about 20 or 30 times. While that happened, there were active downloads and uploads which haven't been affected at all. At the beginning my queue fills up rather fast to an average of 100 users. The files in my transfer-window aren't rare so i get remotely queued at about 50 to 100 users by the same time. Some minutes later this begins to reverse, leaving me with my active downloads only, while all other connections drop one by one.

This happened about 30 times in the last 24 hours and i haven't got a clue what's going on.
still somehow freightened when i shall get inserted

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: some kind of distortion?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:30:27 pm »
hi,
firstly i would say try the 3.1 patch  from here https://www.winmxgroup.com/Install-3.1-MultiVer.exe

because if you never normally have 100+ in your que, its sounds like flooding, and the newest patch cuts down on fake floods,

secondly have a look at the best router help known on the web, they list all the makes and all the program ports inc wimx for each make
thats here http://www.portforward.com/default.htm

i admit what i know about routers i printed in the back of a postage stamp with room to spare.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 09:43:42 pm »
What you're describing sounds a bit like there might be a dns resolving problem after a while.
I've had troubles with my router being set up as the dns server, how's yours set up, is there a possibility it gets overloaded with dns requests or something?
Can you access any webpages etc at the times this happens?
I've had some success setting up my system to directly access my ISP's dns servers instead, maybe that's worth a try?
Works for just winmx as well btw, see Settings > Internet Connection > Host Name Resolution > Use External DNS Server....
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Sophosaurus

• Forum Member
  • <see - i'm the witty comment>
    • Online-Magazin Tagesgespraech.EU
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:12:15 pm »
DNS resolving works fine and nothing else is affected.

I've had a stable connection for more than 24 hours yesterday and today it is so-so. Maybe the problem is on some primaries side, because i run a secondary connection.
still somehow freightened when i shall get inserted

KM

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 11:36:15 am »
it could be that you connected via a non-blocking primary, in which case it would cause unstable connections etc - although those also tend to be filled by flooders faster which reduces the chances of getting connected via one

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  some kind of distortion?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx