gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 08:18:16 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I can't whois or browse some folks after a while, even if I am DLing from them
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I can't whois or browse some folks after a while, even if I am DLing from them  (Read 1213 times)

Lizard

This is a strange new thing that has happened lately...

I am running 3.54 beta 4 as a primary (found unblocked ports) with peerguardian2 on XP SP1 over a DSL connection with a static IP which is port forwarded to the WinMX PC.

I can start up, UL & DL, browse and whois, I can whois and browse myself, all looks good and runs fine for a while.

After some time (something like 24 hrs), the strangeness starts.  I'll be DLing from someone, and when I check the PC, there will be a msg to start them, or some such...  Typically they will not be in my queue, so I try to contact them.  When I try to send that person a msg, whois them, browse them, etc.  I can't.

All the while the DL from them is still going.  Sometimes closing the msg and removing them from my hotlist then doing the send msg from the DL window entry works, sometimes not.  I feel like a shit that i can't start someone to be fair...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lizard

Oh, one more thing, it's only some folks that I can't 'see', I can still whosi and browse myself, and I can contact most others, just not all, and some of the folks that I can't, I was able to just a short time ago, and i know that they are online since I am DLing from them or ULing to them...

Thanks again

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
This is usually because of them or you switching hosts.. more likely them since your on a primary.  Its not really uncommon but the later you get to them the greater the chances are they will have switched hosts to a different primary.  (these will usually be secondary users).  A download will continue to run because as of now you are directly connected.  This could also be why it will work the way your doing it, by removing them from the hotlist them sending a messege from your running dl.  This same phenomenon is why the hotlist is not permanent for WinMx.  Thats the advice I would give you.

I might also suggest that you try using an upload manager, like MXMonitor that will allow you to set it to auto start someone that your downloading from.  This could help save you some of this trouble in the future...

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/mxmoni.html

Hope this helps you some.. let me know..

Lizard

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I suspected that it was something like this...  I guess that there are more primary turnovers (or maybe just this week, etc...)..  I already use MxM, but sometimes things still happen where I need to manually get things going (like a trade starts and the other person already has their max number of ULs' going so that I start and they don't, there is a timeout for some reason, etc...).

I guess that the bottom line it just to deal with it...  Catch up with teh person when possible and restart the trade...

Thanks!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I can't whois or browse some folks after a while, even if I am DLing from them

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx